Chapter 1 - His Precious Treasure

Follow me for regular updates
Blue_and_Love

************

In front of the portrait of Nolan Collymore, Delia was lying on the edge of a black coffin. Silent tears ran down on her cheekbones, mourning over the departure of her dear uncle. The man who pampered her, loved her, and took care of her like his own daughter when her parents passed away in a tragic accident.

Behind her, two young men, dressed in black suits, stood silently. They both were non-identical twins. The sons of Nolan Collymore.

Luan Collymore and Muraco Collymore.

From the perspective of their skin and their clear facial features, they only looked up to be in their early twenties, but the way they were watching people, no one dared to underestimate them.

"It's time for the burial," Muraco spoke to his brother, his eyes narrowing, feeling the stares of some old perverts, who were shamelessly eyeing Delia who was still sixteen years old. A small bud that was yet to be bloom in a beautiful flower.

Those men knew they should not look at her but still, they kept their act up. Maybe with the death of Nolan Collymore, their brain cells had stopped working and they no longer care about the consequences of their deeds. But Muraco mentally took a note to personally greet them.

No one is allowed to look at her in this way.

There should be consequences for everything.

"Delia," Luan called. "You have to go home," his voice was stern and cold, lacking emotions as he gazed at her petite frame which was trembling uncontrollably.

"I don't want to go not yet!" Her quivering pink lips pressed together as she turned to face the twins. Her face was frigid and neutral, and there was a glimmer of huskiness in her weak voice.

"Go. Home." With some long strides, Luan walked to her. There was some silent intimidation and deterrence present in the church as he looked at her with his gray orbs. The same eyes that have experienced endless storms. The ambiance around him showed maturity and steadiness beyond his age.

"I won't go," She uttered, putting her head back upon the coffin.

He glared at her with more intensity, unable to hide the shock at her boldness as his gazes locked with hers. His eyes caused her breaths to exit in short little rushes as a shiver glided up on her spine but she gathered herself and glared back, completely hiding her fear.

"Don't act like a brat." Suddenly, he tore her off from the coffin. Her lips quivered as she looked at him, completely bewildered before her loud cries sounded as he grabbed her wrist and dragged her behind him.

"I don't want to go!!"

"No!!"

She trembled in agony, scraping his hand to get herself away from his grip. Her wails appeared to be of no use as everyone held their breath and silenced themselves, eyeing the calm before storm kind of aura, he held.

"Leave me!!" She cried more loudly, struggling to get free, soft sniffles left her mouth as she looked at everyone. They didn’t move or tried to help her because they had essentially given up.

She sobbed, looking back at the coffin, her mind looming around her sudden thought. Among such a vast crowd, not even a single person is ready to offer her help. Everyone stood still in their places, agape and frightened to do anything.

On finally getting dragged out of the church, she looked back for the last time at the portrait before looking at Muraco who firmly held her gaze making her take a quick intake of air.

He could see the fear in her eyes as he turned his head away. His ocean blue orbs were still calm as the deep sea, but the white knuckles of his fists revealed his depressed mood.

His father, the leader of the American mafia died today, leaving behind a business and an organization to rule. From now on the only thing, the twin brothers will have---was the weight of some heavy responsibilities.

He and his brother have promised their father; the man in the coffin, to take good care of his precious treasure.

Delia Madison.

The daughter of his best friend and business partner. The girl he adopted and raised with the utmost care.

Muraco couldn't help but smirk internally. He and Luan will definitely take good care of his precious treasure but it doesn't include playing brother and sister with her........................

I hope you all like the first chapter.

This is my first book, please do vote and comment ( ˘ ³˘)♥