Chapter 4 - Barely Touched

Follow me for regular updates
Blue_and_Love

************

It was afternoon time. The sun was scorching hot on the bottom. Although it was early summer, still it was unbearable.

"Where's he?"

Delia, who had been swinging her legs as she sat on a swing, gathered up the clunky skirt of her dress and scowled. "Why he's not here yet?"

She was waiting for Antonio, the new gardener whom she kissed. After Luan left she hadn't seen that boy and now, she was becoming anxious. He was the only one here who behaved normally with her instead of treating her like some goddess.

"Because master fired him," the maid, standing beside her, slowly whispered to herself, which didn't go unnoticed by Delia. Her senses, as sensitive as they had been in the past, picked up the maid's whisper.

"When did it happen?" Delia deeply frowned. "Just yesterday you told me that Antonio is on leave and he might be returning today."

"Did you lie to me?"

Hearing her, the maid hesitated and didn’t answer, hoping that the owner of the voice wouldn’t speak further but Delia's angry voice, however only grew louder and louder.

"Who fired him?"

Ultimately, Delia grit her teeth and finally stood up, walking over in front of the maid, who gulped seeing Delia's deadly expression. She just realized that ignoring her had been the wrong choice.

"Answer!" In a stern tone, she spoke again.

"Young master Muraco did. Miss, you shouldn't have kissed that boy. It was...wr...ong,"  the maid's voice trailed off at the end as she peeked a glance at Delia, who looked upset with her and had a chilling look on her face.

"They can't interfere in my life. I'm not a baby!!" Delia yelled furiously, her brown orbs glowing with rage as she stormed inside the mansion

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Murcao sighed in exhaustion, his fingertips slowly messaging his temples. On his laptop screen, he could see Delia running straight to his office, her expression loudly screaming 'Revolt'.

At that moment he wanted nothing except to tell her to stop running and walk properly at a slow pace. She is a clumsy girl and might hurt herself due to her recklessness.

She had always been careless with herself.

The memories from when she was young and fell off the stairs had permeated through to the marrow of his bones and had left a deep impact on him even though he should have forgotten that thing by now.

"You fired Antonio?!!" The moment Delia entered the office, he shut the laptop down and let out a deep breath, leaning his back against the leather chair. "Is that a question?" His expression did not change, but he closed his narrow eyes gently, sighing again.

The more rebellious she was becoming, the more his desire was evolving for her. And the harder it was becoming for him to control himself.

Delia furrowed her brows a little and muttered, "You have no f**king right to interfere in my personal life." She stormed over to his desk and punched her fists into that rigid thing. "You have no right to control me!" She yelled. The distortion; the twin's overprotected behavior offended her so terribly that she could not stand it anymore.

She was in fury because the life she had lived in perfect satisfaction had been shattered to pieces and now, she was being made to live a life of a prisoner. Not to mention that the subtle change in the twin's behavior towards her, was now grating on her nerves.