Chapter 7 - Freezing Hell

Follow me for regular updates
Blue_and_Love

************

×××Do vote and comment, please×××

"So today, I want the Collymore brothers to hand over the Madison Enterprises to me, back to its rightful owner." Slowly, with a sharp knife-like smirk, she raised her glass, eyeing the twins with a glint of victory in her eyes.

Finally, freedom.

This was what she wanted to experience - her own brand of independence.

Expect Luan and Muraco, almost everyone stared back at her wide-eyed, their mouths hung open as they watched her leaving her spot and walking over to Muraco, her dress swishing behind her.

"Give me my rights back," she demanded with an authoritative tone, only loud enough for him to hear.

Muraco didn't flinch at her tone, only staring up at her with his blank ocean-blue eyes as he stood before her, unfazed. With that stance, he looked like a soldier, who could put any other officer in fear.

"Don't you dare act smart now." Her voice came out soft, almost like a whisper, yet somehow more demanding. She leaned up, whispering into his ear. "Give me what I want, otherwise you're screwed."

The room grew quiet all of a sudden, as she shifted back into her previous position, while on the other hand, Muraco took the wine glass out of her hold, without breaking his gaze away from hers.

"The party is over." Suddenly, he said coldly, for a fleeting moment looking straight, his voice cutting through the air like a knife.

Delia frowned as he again drifted his gazes back on her and continued.

"My poor Lia, it's so unfortunate for you that the media wasn't invited," he said sarcastically, but there was something else behind that sarcasm and his words were filled with venomous intent which Delia was unable to identify at the moment.

"Now, it won't be much messy," he added after taking a long pause, lifting the corner of his lips into a lazy smile. A dangerous smile. "Not messy enough to bring trouble for us."

She took a deep breath in order not to laugh in front of all the people around, her expression softening and turning into one of sarcastic one.

Has he lost his mind?

What if there is no media. These people here, they have heard her. And isn't that more than enough?

She sneered, but the moment she opened her mouth to speak, something unexpected happened.

A loud noise of something shattering!

She quickly looked at the ground, and saw the wine--no, her wine glass on the ground, shattered with splatters of red wine trying to cover a large portion of the marble floor.

Why did he drop the glass? Was it intentional?

Just as she looked up, a gasp left her mouth, her eyes widening in horror along with following a few more terror-filled gasps, coming from somewhere in the crowd as they all discerned what Muraco was holding.

He was holding...a gun.

Her body went rigid in an instant as she looked at him, leaving the sight of the gun.

Suddenly, it was as if time halted as she could see nothing but those deadly blue eyes. The look in them caused Delia's heart to skip a beat.

"It's not for you. It's for them." As if sensing her fear, he spoke, glancing at the crowd of people ahead. "Let's see, who has the guts here to defend your statement."