Chapter 7

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Roseia sat comfortably at the carriage's fusion, with her twin brother Louis across from her.Both are on their way to Durham, where they bought a new manor. She stayed in London for a month in order to avoid suspicion from the other nobles. Louis, who came to fetch her, was glad to finally see his twin after a month.

Her crimson eyes looked out of the window, carefully watching what was happening outside of their moving carriage.

"Stop the carriage." She suddenly ordered as the coachman obeyed her. Louis, who was confused at his sister's sudden command, was about to ask her why, when Roseia opened the door and stepped out. Her heels clang as they hit the concrete pavement. She walks confidently, head held high.

She stood right behind a man who had his hand raised in the air. Roseia immediately grabbed the man's wrist, stopping him from doing something. The man was taken aback at the sudden intruder. He angrily looked behind him only to see a blonde woman with a neutral expression.

Roseia stared at the man before gazing down at the child, who was quivering, clenching the hem of her ragged clothes.

"Ack!" The man yelped when Roseia unknowingly tightened her grip.

"Who the he** are you?! Can't you see I'm lecturing this brat?!" He yelled out, gaining the passengers' attention, who murmured at each other.

"Child, is this man your father?" She asked in a calm tone, not wanting to scare the girl. The man then chuckled, making fun of her.

"That nuisance wouldn't understand you." The man yanks his arm from Roseia's grip, deadly glaring at the blonde. Roseia paid no mind to the man whose boring holes were on her as she walked closer to the girl, crouching down in front of her. The blond light tapped her shoulder to gain her attention as she started to move her hand.

The little girl was caught off guard. The woman in front of her was signing, with a light spark in her eyes. Hope, happiness, and ease. The girl immediately signed back, immediately answering every question Roseia asked, while the man stared at them in disbelief. Once the blonde was done talking with the little girl, she stood up, hiding the girl behind her. Without further words, she took off her earrings, bracelets, and necklace before throwing them to the man, who immediately caught them.

"From now on, this child is no longer your possession." She didn't let the man say anything and passed him by, holding the girl's little hand.

Louis, who was watching the whole time, fondly smiled at his sister. Roseia apologizes for the inconvenience before asking if they could drop into a boutique for a moment.

"Not at all, Rossie. Let's head now. " Louis held his hand out, helping Roseia climb up into the carriage before doing the same with the little girl.

Finally set inside, Louis amusedly watches his twin communicate with the deaf child by using some hand gestures. Surprise when Roseia suddenly pointed at him and signed something as the girl looked at him and slightly bowed in acknowledgment.

"I didn't know you could sign, Rossie," Louis said.

"I just learned it a few months ago." She replied. The older blond then asked about the girl's background.

"Her name is Amari. Her mother fell ill, and in order to gain money for her medicine, her father sold her." Louis can see the bitterness in her. He pitied Amari; at a young age, she had already experienced how harsh the world is.

But with a little more time, this world will change.

When Albert arrived home, he spotted the blonde woman talking to a child on her lap using a hand gesture, which he assumed was sign language. William, who sat across from the two, attentively watched them communicate.

"Welcome back, Brother Albert." Louis greeted, and that caught the two adults' attention.

"Brother, welcome home."

"Albert!" The said man smiles and approaches them, leaning down to kiss Roseia's forehead.

"Not in front of a child." The crimson-eyed woman hissed, making him chuckle.

"I apologize. By the way, who might our little guess be? " He inquired, flashing a gentle grin to the young girl to show her that he was not in harm's way.

"This is Amari." Roseia then signed something to the little girl, introducing Albert. Amari gasps at what she just found out.

"Did you say something funny to her?" He asked, suspiciously looking at the woman. Roseia chuckled and told him that she did not say anything funny about him.

"I'm surprised, you know how to sign," he observed.

"I just learned it months ago, Brother Will perfectly knows how to sign," Roseia replied, pointing the attention to William, who is now the one communicating with the young girl.

"Where did you meet her?" Roseia told him the story of how she met the pink-haired child. After hearing that, Albert asked if she was going to give her to an orphanage or let her stay with them.

"This is not a place for her." Roseia has a sad smile on her face as she looks at the child and William. Amari needs to grow up in a good environment, a place where she is safe from danger. Albert rubs a circle on her palm, indicating that he understood her and that everything would be fine.

A yawn from the child caught their attention, William asked Amari if she already wanted to rest. The pink-haired girl simply answered with a nod, and Roseia got up, picking up the child.

"I'll tuck Amari in. I'll be back. " Once Roseia was finally gone, William handed a paper to Louis, telling him to send a telegram to Moran and Fred.

"Could you also contact the Academy and inform them that my lecture is canceled for tomorrow?" William added. 

(A/n: Amari

(A/n: Amari... A triple update. Thank you for waiting.)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━