Chapter 8

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A faint knock on the door caught William's attention. Knowing who it was, he responded with a short "come in" and just like what he thought, his dear younger sister walked inside, a shawl draped on her shoulder.

"I see you didn't sleep even a wink again, brother Will." She sighed and let herself comfortably sit across from him.

"I told you, Rose. I'm always plotting something. " William gently smiled at her, resting his back on the backrest. Roseia then pulled something from her sleeve, placing the paper down on the table.

"Here's the address of Mr. Dadori, the so-called hospital. You can find your student there, brother. " William takes the paper and examines it, memorizing the address.

"Thank you, Rose. I know I can count on you for this. " The younger one just beamed at him before her eyes darkened, and William already knew the reason behind it.

"If you're planning to let yourself be kidnapped, make sure you won't come back with a bruise." He chuckled at how Roseia threatened her with those eyes.

"Rose, who would believe that I was abducted unwillingly if I'm all fine? A little bruise wouldn't be that bad. " Rolling her eyes, she clicked her tongue. She badly hated seeing her siblings or the people who were dear to her injured. Roseia then stood up and said.

"Mr. Moran and Fred might arrive at the train station soon. Wouldn't it be best to pick them up? " The older blonde then hummed in agreement before asking her a favor: to inform Louis that they would go to the station in a few minutes to greet the Colonel and Fred.

The three blondes waited for the two to arrive, until they heard the familiar footsteps of the colonel. Moran walks towards them with a gun case in his hand.

"I appreciate you coming all the way down here to greet me." Stated Moran.

"It's been a long time, Colonel Moran." His eyes darted from William to Roseia, who stood next to Louis.

"My, my. Miss Rossie, you sure have grown into a fine lady," he grinned, which made Roseia chuckle as Louis immediately shielded his sister.

"I would appreciate it, Mr. Moran, if you didn't call my sister like that." William and Roseia lightly chuckled at how protected Louis is. Roseia calms him down by placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Calm down Louis, Mr. Moran has been calling me like that since four years ago. It's nothing new." Moran laughs at Louis's overprotectiveness as he starts questioning William if they are going to start now.

"Now, now take it easy. Everything is in proper order. " William replied as Roseia continued it for him, gazing down at his gun case before looking up at Moran.