Chapter 2- A Rose Falls

Summer's POV

It's been 3 weeks since I've started my mission that Ozpin sent me on. The mission was to find the fall maiden. Reports state that a young woman has been spotted in villages shooting fire from her hands. I cant get a good description of her as locals say they never saw her face under her cloak or through the flames she throws around. When I asked what happened before the fires. They say they heard maniacal laughter and someone screaming "For the queen". I can only assume Salem also heard of these reports and has someone hunting her too.

I set up camp for tonight, I don't have much trouble with Grimm I have descent control over my silver eye powers. Though I can't get this feeling that something bad is gonna happen. I shrug it off and pull out a picture of my family. "(sigh) I miss you." My daughter Ruby is only just over a year old. I had to leave her, my husband and my stepdaughter Yang. For this mission I feel sorry for Yang because she was left by her mother and my best friend Raven. She claimed that Ozpin is lying to us and is gonna lose this war. Raven asked me to come with her and to bring Yang and Ruby. But I couldn't leave Tai like that, and I believe in Ozpin. Raven said she will come back for Yang, but it's been nearly a whole year.

(Snap!) I quickly stand guard when I heard a twig snap. I look around the area trying to spot anything. But this forest is so thick that I cant see much and the moon doesn't help. Now its gone quite, eery quiet I tried using my eyes but nothing. So, it's not a Grimm, which may be worse. There's a chill crawling up my spine. I quickly turn around and raise my scythe and block and attack. I swing my scythe pushing my attacker away. When I do, I can see who it is, it's a scorpion Faunus with 2 wrist blades. Purple eyes and breaded hair that looks like his scorpion tail.

"Hello, my dear, pleasure to meet you. I'm Tyrian Callows and I'm hear to bring you to my queen." He bows with his right arm stretched out and left on his chest. He looks back up and smiles creepily at me. "And what makes you think I'll just go with you?" I say as I stare him down ready to attack. Tyrian giggles maniacally before getting on all fours. "Who said I had to take you in alive??" Tyrian said as he turns his head to the side. He suddenly jumps at high speeds at me with his blades out. I dodge easily due to my experience with speedy foes and my own reaction time with my semblance.

I stab my scythe into a tree and swing around and launch myself at Tyrian. I used my semblance to increase my speed and impacted him into a tree. I did it with so much force the tree snaped in half. Tyrian's aura crackled a little before he charges at me, and I do the same. We engaged in a blade dance, blocking each other's strikes and attempting to strike our own. Tyrian tried to surprise me by switching his left blade to a gun. He tried shooting me, but I spun my scythe redirecting or blocking the bullets. Tyrian whistled and as soon as he does a Beringel jumps out of nowhere. It tries to grab me, but I barely had time to move. Where I landed after dodging Tyrian attacked and the two started to team up on me. Exhaustion from traveling and this fight is catching up to me. As I smack Tyrian away, I get an idea.

I activate my silver eyes, using them blinded the area in a sliver light. The Beringel is killed and with Tyrian distracted I attack him. Shattering his aura, I cut his abdomen up to his left peck. I go to finish him off, but a flash bang catches me off guard and I see Tyrian smirking. "Your not the only one with flashy lights!" He then starts shooting at me weaking my aura more I recover a little and focus on defence. After clashing blades, we are in a blade lock, we glare at each other trying to gain the upper hand. But I feel a sudden pain pierce my stomach. I look down and see his tail impaled into me. I completely forgot he has a tail; I loose strength and fall to my knees. "Very well done my dear. But I've won and the queen will reward me for my efforts." Tyrian raises his blades ready to strike me down.