Chapter 7 The Mad Scientist

Third person POV

Signal academy, one of the prerequisites to be coming a professional hunter. After studying for 6 years here and graduating you're invited to join one the prestigious 4 hunters academies in the 4 Kingdoms. Here students learn the basics of an education and what hunters do. As well as train with the weapons they make during their time here. Currently in the Science lecture hall, a teacher writes on the bored while teaching her students. Sounding bored and lifeless as he does so.

"As you can see everyone when certain Dust collide you could get either a positive or negative reaction. Who can give me an example?" He asks as he turns around and sees a student rise their hand. "Yes." "A positive reaction would be combining Fire and Lightning Dust as it raises their destructive power. While a negative is mixing ice and lightning that will explode and potentially destroying your weapon or yourself." The student says as the teacher nods.

"Very good, now as he said everyone if you combine the wrong Dust together you could potentially lose your life. And if the Dust doesn't do it, the foe your fighting will do it for you. Now later in the week there will be a test on this very subject. Now in groups of 4, your task today is to write down 5 positive and negative reactions while also explaining why they are positive and negative. You have till the end of the lesson to finish as many as you can, you may begin." As the teacher said that the students started to form groups and start the assignment. While they do that the teacher sat down at his desk and started typing on the terminal. Opening a file titled 'Ground bridge' and selecting a document before he began typing away.

After an hour or so the bell started to ring signifying the end of the school day. As the students began to pack up their stuff the teacher called out to them. "Now remember the test will be sometime during the week. Please read through pages 20 to 55 in your textbooks as soon as possible or you will be in for a shock when it pops up." Whether they heard him or not the students started to leave the classroom. Sighing in annoyance she begins to back up her workstation. Till he was interrupted by a knock on her door. Looking over he sees 2 Faunus ladies in business attire. One a cat with red/ purple hair and a rhino with bright pink hair.

"Hello, is this Dr Tsuda's class?" The cat Faunus asks as the teacher just starts talking. "I apologise if I have said something rude to your child. I didn't mean for it to come across as harsh or rude I just care for their safety." "OH no, no, no we are not parents... at least not yet." The rhino interrupted before whispering the last part to herself. "No, we are representatives of Ark Industries, you may have heard of it?" She carries on surprising the teacher. "I have, so what can I help you with then?" "Is there somewhere where we can speak in private?" She asks before he nods and takes them to the basement level in the academy. The walls showing a lot of pipes that occasionally shoot out steam. Eventually they reach a door that says Dr Tsuda on it.

After going inside and taking a seat the Dr asks a question. "So, what do you want from me?" He as them in a bored tone. "Well first let me introduce ourselves, I'm Lilith Scarlett and this is Shion Kijin and I'll get straight to the point we want hire you." Surprised by this the Dr's eyes widen. "Our Boss wants you to work on a project for us one that you have done in the past but was shut down." Lilith tells her as the DR narrows his eyes. "I assume that since you know what I worked on in the past you know about my 'Insane' behaviour?"

"Yes, we know, but that's why we want you." Shion says matter of fact. "We don't want any normal scientist that won't explore the unknown because its unethical. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the point of a scientist is to figure out the mysteries of the universe. How could they do that if they are scared to venture past it. We want to make a transportation gateway that allows people to travel between kingdoms." Hearing Shion say that definitely peaked the Dr's interest.