In Disguise

(The golden guards pov)

The boiling rain was still not finished as the sunrise came it's way. I couldn't help but feel so foolish of my actions. Allowing a prisoner to run freely, and if it wasn't for the boiling rain they would have gotten away.

I was still tired and felt my eyelids betray me as I tried to open my eyes. As I got more and more conscious around my surroundings, I felt a thousand needles in my left arm and warmth against my chest.
My arm was around them, while they slept peacefully over me. I am probably a tomato in the face, but didn't dare to move a muscle. Y/N looked so comfortable, comfortable around me maybe? No, a prisoner could never feel comfortable with their..am I their enemy?

They suddenly switched, gripping my back tightly and nuzzling into my chest, still asleep. You may see me as a moron with dumb nicknames in store, but I have never seen a person become this comfortable and peaceful with me, and I have no idea what to do. I stared at them with big eyes, hoping they wouldn't wake up and my hands an inch over their body.
As a minute passed and they didn't wake up, I slowly putted my hands on their back. This may be wrong for our situation, but i kind of like it.

*Time skip about 30 minutes*
(Your pov)

I felt breathing over my head as I woke up. I looked over my head and saw the golden guard watching the sunrise as he rubbed my back lightly. My cheeks felt hot like fire due to our position, so I quickly got up from him.

"You're awake! good" The golden guard said while picking up his staff. What a bummer that I didn't wake up first.

"We might need to hurry before the emperor, or worse, kikimora wakes up" He said as he stood up and brushed away the dirt on him. The boiling rain had just stopped as we started walk towards the castle.

It was awkwardly quiet between us pretty much all the way to the castle.

"Your cloak was softer than i thought" I said breaking the silence. He gave out a little chuckle.

"How unlucky you are to never feel the softness once more than" The golden guard responded. We walked into the castle and suddenly he pushed me so I landed hard behind some thick pillars. But before I could shout at him, I heard someone do it first.

"GOLDEN GUARD!" I heard, not being able to see who shouted.

"I have been looking everywhere for you! We have found the owl lady and the betrayer Lilith, we need you this instant!" The person said as you saw a little shadow walk out the entrance you came from. About 12 guards walked after, but the golden guard stood put. He looked over his shoulder at me and pointed at my cells direction.

"Behave now" He whispered and ran away to catch up with the team. 'As if!' I thought to myself as I stood up on my feet again. The gate closed soon after. Now when I am stuck in the castle instead of a dirty cell, could I at least explore it.

I walked thru the empty hallways and avoided the hallways with guards. After I went up a few stairs, I found what I think was the sleeping halls.
On the side of each door were a nameplate, probably for each member of the coven, for example: Someone named Steve.
But when I was on my way downstairs, I heard a little sound. I knew I had heard it before, so I followed it and came to a door. There where no name, just the emperor's coven mark.

As I opened the door, the sound was clear. It was a northern cardinal! It sat by the window sill, looking outside. The room itself was quite interesting. There were lots of books and a wide bed with a few pillows and a stuffed animal shaped like a frog. I guess the little red bird got interested in me cause it flew around me, inspecting me. It flew to close to my face so I accidentally knocked myself into a closet. I fell down and laughed at the situation.

"You didn't get hurt, buddy?" I asked the little cardinal. Something landed on my lap from the closet and I got very surprised. It was a golden mask! I stood up and looked closer to the clothes in the closet. And just as I thought, there were cloaks and a few masks.

"I'm in the golden guards room" I said. I looked at the mask again and brushed it lightly with my thumb.

A few minutes pass and I am now trying on his outfits and masks. I mean, you must take the chance when you get it. I twirled around in his cloak, feeling the softness once again. I turned to the cardinal.

"I look just like him! I can probably fool anyone wearing this!" I said smiling under the mask. The idea then hit me. The other guards in the castle doesn't know for sure where the REAL golden guard is, so if I dress up as him, they would probably let me thru the gates to leave!

It was the best plan I came up with for now, so let's sneak out!

I made sure that I walked like him and dressed before I headed out from his room. Sadly, I can not talk like him so I have to stay quiet until I'm out.

I walked out and downstairs. More guards have been put in the hallways, I have to be careful and think like the golden guard.

I walked past the guards with no problem and nobody trying to speak to me personally, I passed around the corner with no guards but something more..different?

I noticed that everyone had a uniform with a white-gray mask and a dark cloak (except the golden guard) But the guy in front of me didn't have neither. He wore mostly dark colors.

"The golden guard!" He said smiling. He started to walk up to me and I started to panic. As he came closer, I noticed his face, more specifically, his eyes. They were quite.. enchanted looking.

"I have been meaning to talk to you for a long time now" The guy said. I tried to walk past him, but he stopped me again.

"I promise this will go fast! But I want it to be more private. Can we go to your room?" He said stepping closer to me. I didn't feel like I had much of a choice but to do what he wanted.
I just nodded and turned around. Getting out of here will take longer than planned.

The guards in the hallways looked surprised at us while we went up the stairs. I guess they wondered who this guy is, but i wonder the same thing. We go to the golden guards room and he proceeds to lock the door behind him.

"So, I have been wanting to meet you to talk about my position in the coven" He started.

" And I thought, If you want things to be professional between us, you should really learn your place" He then said while stepping closer to me. I was so confused of what he meant and what he was going to do, all I could do was to take steps back. Besides, who talks to a GOLDEN guard that way? The golden guard said himself that he is the emperor's right hand.

"How about it boss?" He said and chuckled. My steps ended and I was now pressed to the wall behind me, with him only inches away from my face. His magenta eyes stared into mine.

"Just don't feel intimidated of what I can do.."
He then took a grip on the triangle clip and took off the cloak. He stooped smiling and putted on his serious face.

"Give me back my mask, will you?"
As I was in shock, he started to smile again and putted on his cloak. He then came close to my face and took the mask off, reveling my shocked and red face. He sure was amused by his next level teasing.

His mask was on and he opened the door.

" I must say, You look rather good in my clothes" the golden guard said, left the room and locked.

I was still red, still in shock. I mostly thought how It became obvious why the guards in the hallways look surprised, they saw 2 golden guards together, except I was fake. The other part of my thoughts were mostly:

'He has..beautiful eyes'