The Reveal

{Y/N's POV}

Once again, I wake up alone. Not even Flapjack was around. The sun was rising in the distance, giving the sky a beautiful yellow and orange colors.

A few seconds of stretching out my arms, my nightmare from this night came to mind.

All those creatures I could have saved...
It almost makes me think that i really don't have a choice in this matter, than to take emperor Belos curse.

But, there is one creature I can save.
The beast.

I stood up from Hunters bed and got myself showered and dressed. Shortly after, I walked out of Hunters room, now on my way to see the beast again.

I walked through the long corridor and got close to the stairs when i suddenly heard someone.. crying?

I could hear it quite clearly, so i assumed that the sound came from the one room where the door was slightly opened. Before I walked forward towards the crying, I took a glance at the sign beside the door.

'Steve'

I looked inside the room and knocked on the door. And there Steve was, sitting on the floor against the wall, one of his hand gripped his dark purple hair.

"Are you okay, Steve?" I asked with a softly voice.
Steve immediately looked to the door, saw me standing there and wiped away his tears.
"Yeah! yeah.. I'm..." He started shaking but just by looking at his face, I knew he was really not okay. I let myself in and sat beside him.

Steve then took a deep breath.
"Actually, no, no i'm not.
It's just...
it's just everything that has been going on lately and I...
I feel like, like i can't be here anymore.. I can't support this!" Steve confessed, leaning his head against the wall.

"It was never like this before.. Then you came here and most things changed! And.." He cried but swallowed his sorrow and continued.

"..and i felt like... like I could help you out. Help you AND the golden guard. I mean, you are kids! You Y/N, should not be here to heal the emperor, and Hunter- i mean, the golden guard, you both are way to young to have this big responsibilities on your shoulders it's just... it's just not fair!"

"I thought I could.. 'help' you guys out in some kind of way, you know, as a kind of act in replace of my brother.." Steve finally explained.

I suddenly looked up to him and met his face.

"You.. you have a brother?" I asked. Steve looked at me and kind of smiled.

"heh, yeah.. but only HALF-brother. I believe he goes to Hexside just like you even, a little younger than you." He said and looked down at his feet.

"Him and I did not really get along at first.. but as time went by, we grew pretty close! I sometimes took him with me on my motorcycle, he loved that. And he used to show me, so proudly, how well he can build small castles made out of anything!" He added and smiled brightly at the memories. But his smile faded as fast as it came.

"He was so nervous to change school to Hexside, because he knew I was not there close to him, helping him to find friends. I was not able to help him, because i'm here... and now I can't even help you because i'm on the wrong side.
I wish I could just help you guys and Mattholomule.." Steve ended.

"Wait a minute. Mattholomule is your brother!?" I shouted, which made Steve laugh.

"Half-brother, but yeah, we are related. Surprised that you know him."

"I see him with Gus sometimes." I said.

After a while of us just talking, Steve felt a little better than before. He needed to do his job soon, so I left his room and went to the prison tower again.

Most guards were either preparing themselves for work or already was out of the castle, which meant I had a clear road to my destination.

But as I went up the tower, I didn't hear the beast, at all. I would normally hear her breath deeply or her moving around, but not now, not this time.

I then arrived to the beast's cell to find.. she was gone?

I felt my heart raise by the sight of the empty room. The morning cold was felt in every inch of the cell, and the breeze outside were loudly.

I looked around the cell, to find anything that could lead me to her, but i didn't have to. Thanks to the windows I carved out, I could hear the outside, something that was not only the breeze, but an machine, a strong machine.

I quickly ran to the small window and looked outside. I could see the backyard of the prison.
But the sound stopped immediately after. I couldn't see anything else but the cold and empty backyard.

Suddenly, I got pushed into the cell beside me, and heard someone lock the cell doors. I fell to the side and as I slowly raised myself, I could see a monster on the other side.

Emperor Belos.

"How good that you found your new cell by your self Mx Alinac." Emperor smiled wildly and said.

I quickly got up from the ground and raced to the cell door.

"Where is she?!" I yelled. "Where is the beast?!"
Belos started to laugh at me, which made my blood boil.

"The fact that you call her the beast-" He said and laughed again.
"But she has always been a beast, even before her curse"

I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

'..Curse?'

"Although, She has always been a beast-"  Belos said and made a circle with his finger.
Then, something that could be a mirror appears, but instead of showing my reflection, it showed something much, much more horrible.
"-and she will now always be."

The beast, in her stone form.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Tears appeared in rage and it felt like fire to breathe.

"HOW COULD YOU!" I screamed, but i couldn't do anything, not in here. So I fell down to my knees, holding my self up with my hands on the dirty stone floor.

"Hm... I thought you would react differently, with more rage" He have the decency to say.

"Lin did nothing to be treated this way!" I said, trying to keep my breathing in check.

"Lin?" He questioned, he looked to the side of the cell and his confusion got to a horrifying smile.

"Her name was never Lin, Y/N" He said and took off her name plate of the wall beside the cell. He showed me her name plate and brushed of the dirt of it. Revealing more letters, Revealing the truth.

A-lin-ac.

'Alinac'

A/N

Heeey!
So, I just wanted to say that a few days ago, august 18th, was the birthday of this book.
One whole year!
I can't even imagine that I have been writing this for so long haha
I guess I just want to thank you all for reading this story <3 You are the best!