43. Doomsday

»»————- ♥ ————-««

»»————- ♥ ————-««

DOOMSDAY

Opening the door to the roof, Taehyung took a deep, shaky breath in as the cool evening air hit him.

She looked as beautiful as ever, lounged over one of the bricked over chimney's, the bottom of her red dress rippling in the breeze. Taehyung's heart, if it was in the midst of splintering, would have warmed at the sight of her looking so at peace.

He dragged his feet over to Diana, stopping behind her as she shivered so sweetly. The view of New York would have been enough to distract him in most circumstances, but not anymore.

"It's stunning, isn't it?" She called out to him, still keeping her eyes on the city.

He couldn't answer, he didn't know how. There was a point where he wasn't even sure if he'd be able to speak again. His throat felt as if it was holding a bomb, his saliva was like acid, and his tongue was the sharpest point in the knife rack.

Confused by his lack of response, Diana turned to face him with a small smile.

"What's up with you, huh? Park got you down?"

Jimin was once the only thing he had to worry about - oh how things had changed.

She was trying to do what she did best and lighten the mood, but it wasn't working. Not when he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. It hurt, the way she looked so glorious despite everything.

How do people live with sin so beautifully?

"What is it?" Her face dropped at his lack
of subtlety. "Why do you look like someone's just died?"

Ha.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, Taehyung finally came out and said it. He was too far gone to care. His eyes glazed over and his body hung limp as his confession lingered in the air between them.

"Did you know that I fell so deeply in love with you that I decided I would follow you anywhere?" His smile reflected everything but happiness. "If you had told me twenty minutes ago that you were moving to the other side of the world, I would have booked a plane ticket and had the taxi waiting. I would have had the taxi waiting with the biggest grin on my face, Di."

Diana's rosebud lips were left agape as tears began to fall from her lovers' brown eyes, the ones that entranced her all those months ago. There was a warmth in her heart, one she had been searching for what felt like eternity.

Love, she thought, thinking about the word and what it meant. She had heard it so many times before but somehow it seemed cleaner, crisper and more meaningful coming out of his mouth. The man she loved, loved her back. So why did he seem so upset?

"I- I love you too. So, so much," she breathed out, finally feeling it's infamous effects. She walked forward to be held in his embrace, but was met with a coldness that never came hand in hand with Taehyung - at least not with her. "Hey? I know it's going to be hard but Satine will understand. She'll want us to be happy."