7. Their Story Starts Here

»»————- ♥ ————-««

»»————- ♥ ————-««

THEIR STORY STARTS HERE

Satine never gave it much thought where New York would take her. She didn't have a plan because nobody ever has a plan when they move to a big city. New York and young people seemed to go hand in hand in the nineties, along with a shit-ton of reckless spontaneity.

...and drugs

It had been about a month since meeting the struggling musician with 'avoid at all costs' printed on his forehead, and Satine was happier than ever. Each day brought more smiles, romantic gestures and Tae in general who seemed to act as a constant unconventional sun to brighten up what was such a dull life.

She never expected to still be sat on his couch, watching repeats of Silent Witness whilst she waited for him to come home from work. If you'd have told her that the scruffy guy from Dynaco was going to be the love of her life, she would have laughed in your face.

Satine Fontaine was not the type of girl you settle down with and Taehyung Kim wasn't the type of guy you fall in love with.

But maybe that's what made them work.

Don't get them twisted, they weren't together in the aspect of the word that mattered. They were still technically single if anyone were to ask, but no one ever would. It was blatant and obvious from a mile off that they were both crazy about each other.

Labels just never worked for them and Satine wouldn't have had it any other way.

***

Sitting at home around the breakfast bar for dinner was Satine's favourite part of the day. It was the time she could spend with Hoseok, Yoongi and JK and that was priceless.

They'd become good friends with the redhead that stumbled into the bar that late November evening, and ended up welcoming her into their group with open arms. Taehyung was sure it was only because he was off the market now, and they had a better chance at picking up females - but he appreciated their hospitality nonetheless. There was something about his best friends being just as smitten with his girl as he was that warmed his heart. All the people he cared about, cared about each other just as much.

And that's true family.

"I made Bouillabaisse!" Satine set the large pan down on the counter and filled each of the guy's bowls.

They all smiled at her before sending each other worrisome looks. So Satine wasn't the greatest cook, how could she be when she grew up being waited on hand and foot? The fish looked shrivelled and had a funky colour and the broth had congealed oil floating on top. It almost looked worse than the rum glazed shrimp she'd made that gave them all food poisoning.

Even then they didn't have the heart to tell her how crap she was at cooking.

"Yum... thank you..." Hoseok's face contorted as he poked at a broken piece of oyster shell with his fork.