Bingo

»»————- ♥ ————-««

»»————- ♥ ————-««

BINGO

London, England, November 2000
JK's POV

The manuscript dropped from my hands onto the table with a thud. I could have gasped, cursed, cried even but I was physically and mentally paralysed.

There was no way. There was no way the woman I had loved for years was capable of such evil; of murdering my greatest friends.

I read it as an alternate ending, something she had crafted to shock readers - it was a smart tactic. That's what I told myself at first, before I turned page after page, delving deeper into her brutality.

The entire manuscript was her way of savouring her brilliancy - of taking pleasure in her crimes.

And it was all fucking real.

A wave of nausea overwhelmed me, and my body buckled, leaving me gagging over the small bin.

"Oof, crazy right?" Her southern accent seized hold of my heart and squeezed until there was nothing left but a lingering numbness and the sound of dripping blood in the corner of my mind. "Personally, I think that ending was way juicier than the published version. But oh well, the heart wants what the heart wants, ay honey?"

Silence prevailed and I slowly lifted myself to see her resting against the doorframe. She was dolled up with her honey blonde hair sleek and straight, just skimming the curve of her breasts peeking through her silk robe. She blinked prettily, long black lashes and rosy pink blush lightly dusting her bronzed complexion - the one overflowing with that signature Fontaine glow. She always looked immaculate, even after I had her screaming into a pillow less than twenty minutes ago.

Fuck, I almost lost my train of thought.

"I don't get it..." I managed to utter out, the acid in my throat settling like fire. "What is this?"

"Come on now, Jungkook, you're not stupid." She was acting like I was the crazy one. "I wrote a book and altered the ending to suit me, it's not hard to understand. I wanted Tae, so I got him."

No doubt she was watching me the whole time; enjoying my expression change with every heinous act.

It was my turn to come face to face with Stella Fontenot. She was confident, arrogant, and insanely beautiful in a way even more maddening than before. I wasn't supposed to still be attracted to her, but she was the definition of femme fatale. She was born to seduce - to ensnare her lovers - to lure them into deadly traps.

I didn't doubt for a second that this was one of them.

"But, but it's all a lie, you don't have him?" My fingers curled around the arms of the chair to conceal my genuine fear. "You don't have him because he's fucking dead... because you killed him!"