Chapter 9: Central Parker

Wanda and I were sitting against the headboard of my bed, lazily kissing, pausing only to smile at each other. We both jumped and Wanda let out a little shriek as my bedroom door flew open and Natasha came strolling into my room. "Natasha!" I shrieked. Natasha's eyes snapped between me and Wanda, going wide in recognition.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to..." She murmured, still staring between the two of us. I jumped out of bed, stalking towards her.

"It's called knocking, Natasha," I hiss at her. Wanda was shy enough; I didn't need this to make that worse.

"I'm sorry, how was I supposed to know that you and witchy were...whatever you were doing." Wanda cleared her throat behind me. Oh, shit.

"You know exactly what we were doing, Natasha." I stared between the two women, suddenly recognizing the incredibly compromised position I was in. To my simultaneous relief and trepidation, Natasha ignored Wanda entirely, focusing her laser gaze on me.

"Tony wanted to see you downstairs, Winter." I bit my lip, glancing between the two again.

"Are we good?" I was hesitant to move unless I had some assurance they weren't going to fight if I wasn't between them. I saw Wanda tilting her head, and Natasha's eyes were as hard as bullets. I grabbed Natasha by the shoulder. "Natasha!" She blinked at refocused on me.

"I'm fine." I gestured for her to go first, and followed her out of the room leaving Wanda behind with an apologetic look on my face.

After a multi-hour project with Tony about refining my suit and increasing the voltage range on my shooters, all I wanted to do was to go back to my room and take a nap. For a week. When I approached the elevators of the compound, however, I heard two familiar voices raised down the hallway towards the living room. Oh fuck, me. Just as I was about to round the corner and come face to face with my best friend and my girlfriend facing off each other, I heard something that stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Wanda, it isn't fair that you're seeing Vision behind her back, and you know it." I felt a familiar surge run through my body.

"You don't know what you're talking about," Wanda responded, squaring herself with Natasha, refusing to back down.

"I saw you kissing him, Wanda." I heard enough. I clenched my fists and pressed them up against my face as an electric wave rolled off me. All of the lights in the building went dark, and I heard a gasp from the room in front of me.

"Kasey!" It was Wanda. I squeezed my fists tighter, resisting the crushing pressure in my chest as another surge left my body knocking both Wanda and Natasha off of their feet. I heard a scrambling sound; someone was approaching me. A hand rested on my shoulder, and it didn't matter who it was – they got jolted regardless. I heard a hissing sound close to my ear.

"I've got you." I relaxed immediately. Natasha. She wrapped her arm around my shoulder, ignoring the stinging feeling of residual current. She guided me through the room, away from Wanda. As I looked over, I saw a teenager sitting on the couch, attempting to pretend that he hadn't heard any of what he just heard. I broke away from Natasha momentarily and approached him.

"You okay Parker?" I asked softly. His mouth opened and closed a few times before he was able to respond.

"That was scary," he said, eyes wide. I smiled at him.

"Sorry about all of that. Tony wanted me to work with you on your webshooting and electrifying it, want to hang later?" He smiled at me instantly, but the smile immediately dropped off of his face as Natasha cleared her throat beside me.