Chapter 11 ~ The Well

Dipper's POV(still):

We had somehow made it to Scuttlebutt without Ben tearing himself to shreds. We hauled him off, and he pretty much collapsed into the sand. 

"Land, I've missed you!" he praised. Jeff rolled his eyes, grabbing Ben by the legs and dragging him up the hill. Everyone else followed. The place was foggy as always, and I could barely see a thing. 

"Hey, can any of you guys make lights or flashy things?" Mabel asked. They all shook their heads.

"Nope."

"Nada."

"Zip."

"I can," Ben said. He balled his hand into a fist, holding it up. Then, his fist caught fire, lighting the entire place up. 

"Thanks, Benjamin," I praised. He smiled as we continued down the path. I saw hoodie cling to Masky adorably, and Masky simply just patted his shoulder. Jeff walked next to Wendy, awkwardly looking at his surroundings. Wendy walked by him, holding the wooden box in which Jack was still concealed. Toby was next to Mabel and EJ, which slightly bothered me, and Soos was with me.

"Do you guys recognize anything?" I asked as we came upon another part of the forest. Toby raised his hand. 

"Ooo! Ooo! I do!" he called, holding his arm up with his other hand. "The well should be just a few yards from here!" Without another word, he went running down the path.

Mabel's POV:

"Toby!" I screamed, running after him. I heard Dipper call my name, and then pretty much everyone was running over to follow Toby. 

"I found him!" Someone shouted as a wishing well came into view. Toby and I stopped as a little person and a dog came running up to us. The little person was a cute little girl in a pink dress. Her brown curly hair was very messy, and blood streaked her face. There were bruises dotting her legs and arms, and there was text across her dress front that read "Sally". The dog beside her was very disturbing. It was red with a black stripe down its spine. It's mouth was stuck in a disturbingly human-like smile. 

"Smile!" Jeff shouted from behind me, he came running over, crouching and letting the dog run up to him. He began petting the black and red dog, ignoring the fact that its smile was as creepy as his own. "Did you miss me? Did you miss me, boy?" he babied, cuddling with Smile. Wendy squealed, pulling out her cellphone and taking a quick picture of the two cuddling. Smile looked over at Wendy with one of those "I am so done" faces.

"Don't spread the word," the dog growled. 

"Too late!" Wendy replied as she hit send. Ben came walking by me, and I still had one question for him. 

"Hey uh, Ben. Why did you go ballistic when we tried to get you onto the boat?" I asked. He looked at me as if I were an idiot. 

"My full name is Ben drowned," he explained. I nodded. 

"Ooooooh," I replied.

"Yeah, he cries sometimes when he's alone next to puddles," the little girl stated. Ben made a bunch of random exclamations in an attempt to drown out her voice. Jeff snickered to himself next to Smile.

"Kids say the darnedest things," he assured. He turned to Sally, his eyes becoming solid black and starting to bleed. "Sally, shut up!" he scolded in a demonic voice. At least I knew the little girl's name: Sally. 

"Hello, children," a rather faint voice greeted. We all turned to its source, seeing probably the creepiest one yet. He stood nearly 15 feet tall, with a large tuxedo on. His skin was as pale as ice, and he had no face whatsoever. "Allow me to introduce myself," he said. He picked up sally with on of the hundreds of tendrils in his back, placing her on his shoulder. "My name is Slenderman," he finished.