Chapter 7 ~ Broken

Mabel's POV:

There wasn't much to do. I mean, Masky and Hoodie weren't people for talking. Plus they refused to answer any of my questions(I tried to ask Masky why he wore a mask, but he never told me). Toby explained to me that Masky's just a grumpy pants, to which Masky almost stabbed him with the dessert fork the he used for the cheesecake. But pretty soon, I decided to take the guys to get something to eat.

"But I already has cheesecake," Masky stated.

"Real food, Masky," I replied. So we stopped by Greasy's Diner. If you don't know, Greasy's is one of the best restaurants in Gravity Falls(which isn't saying a whole lot, since its one of four places to eat in town). It's built to look like a fallen redwood log, even with a fake stump nearby for authenticity. But by far, my favorite thing about this place is the slogan right under the sign: "We Have food."

So, after Toby and I managed to convince Masky, we took the seat closest to the door, right next to the manliness tester. It was quite busy, though. I spotted quite a few people everywhere. And it was taking forever for anyone to wait our table.

"Um, waitress!" I called, raising my hand up high.

"In a moment!" Lazy Susan called, balancing plates and coffee on her arms while trying to serve everyone.

"Best restaurant in town, huh?"

"Shut up, Masky," I mumbled, sitting back down. "She'll get over here... eventually." Toby sighed, head in his hands as he looked around the restaurant with a bored expression on his face. And then looked over at a machine over next to the door. It was an old fashion arcade machine, with light bulb and a flimsy wood joystick. Built on top of it was a muscled man holding a sign that said Test Your Manliness. Toby's eyes went wide as he set his eyes on the plate of waffles right next to it. 

"Are those waffles?!" Toby exclaimed, pointing to the plate. I looked in the direction he was pointing. 

"Yeah, but you have to win them,'' I informed. ''You have to beat the manliness tester." Without another word, Toby stood dramatically, and then marched up to the machine. Masky looked up at Toby before smacking himself in the head. I watched Hoodie reach into his pocket, smiling.

"Oh, I got to get this," he said, pulling out his video camera. He pressed a button, causing the red light to flash. Toby walked up to the game, rolling up his sleeves and exposing his light grey arms as he grabbed a hold of the joystick. I bit down on my lip, smiling like and idiot as he squeezed it as hard as he could. Masky looked back up, and we all watched as the lightbulbs began to light up. Toby looked over with a huge smile on his face. But then his smile faded when they bulbs stopped on "Middle-Age Woman". 

"What?!" he blurted. He growled, walking back over and grabbing my arm. "Come on Mabel, the game's broken."

"No it's not," I pointed out. This was when Toby did something very unexpected. Without another word, he pulled out one of his hatchets and drove it into the machine, shattering two of the bulbs and breaking the wood in two. Masky froze, eyes wide and mouth gaping. Hoodie simply stared on, still rolling.

"Now it is," He said walking us both out of the diner. "Let's go." Masky and Hoodie shot up from the booth and ran after us, obviously not wanting to have to pay for the game.

Dipper's POV:

So, Jack ended up taking us to the Gravity Falls arcade, saying that maybe Mable and Toby would be there. But, again, we found nothing. In fact, the whole arcade was completely deserted.

"This is getting kind of repetitive!" Jeff complained. "You sure they're even in town?"

"Well, I don't know!" I blurted.

"Hey, give him a break," Wendy blurted. 

"Yeah, he doesn't know Toby like we do," Jack added. "I mean, for all we know, Toby probably tried to take her back to the well." Jeff gave and aggravated sigh. 

"You know what, let's just leave," he said. "They're obviously not here." We were about to leave when someone stopped us. 

"Jeff? Is that you?!" Someone called. It sounded as if it came from one of the games. I turned to look, but saw no one. That was weird. The arcade was deserted. Then someone's face popped out of the Ghost Maze console. 

"Gah!" I screamed, falling back on my tailbone. "Who's that?!" I saw a blonde kid wearing a pointed green hat, sticking his head out of the console screen(which was impossible as far as I know). But the scary thing was his eyes. His scleras were black, and his pupils and iris were as red as fire, with bloody tears streaking down his face. He looked like something straight out of my nightmares. 

"Oh my gosh! You're BEN drowned!!" Wendy squealed. BEN took one look at her and then at Jeff and Jack. 

"Fangirl?" He guessed. They both nodded. 

"Heh, you kind of remind me of Giffany," Soos chuckled as BEN pulled himself out of the console. He dusted off his green tunic before raising an eyebrow at Soos.

"Who the heck is Giffany?"

"Loooooong story, dude."

"Annnnnyyywwhhoooo," Jack interrupted, trying to get BEN's attention. "Do you have any idea where the proxies are?" BEN nodded. 

"From what I heard, Slendy sent Masky and Hoodie to bring Toby back," he stated. "But when they didn't come back for an hour, he decided to send black eyes to Bring them to the lake." Jeff swiveled around to face BEN with a questioning look on his face.

"Why would Slender send him to get them?" He asked. "He can barely navigate his own bedroom!" 

"I'm not sure," BEN said. "That's just what I've heard. And I don't wish to get involved in this wild goose chase. Now, if you'll excuse me..." He reached into what looked like a dating simulator console, pulling out a bouquet of orchids and smiling like an idiot. "I have someone to confess my love to!" With that, he escaped into an outlet in the wall and was gone. I looked to Wendy with a raised eyebrow, but she just shrugged. 

"Listen, I may be the fangirl here," She snapped. "But I don't know what that was about."