Chapter 1 ~ Orange Goggles

Mabel's POV:

"Ok, here we go. Don't screw this up." I said to myself as I peaked through the "Employees Only" door. It wasn't a super hot day, but it was still pretty warm. I was wearing my favorite sweater of all time: the one with the puppy playing basketball on it. Anyway, I was currently spying on a hot guy. Wendy and Soos were on break, so he was the only one in the gift shop.

There, standing by the vending machine, was the cutest boy in all of Gravity Falls. He had a five dollar bill, which he was trying to straighten on the edge of the machine, but the vending machine wouldn't take it. Every time he put it in, the machine would spit it back out with that annoying "vrrr" sound.

 "Stupid machine," He mumbled, kicking it. The guy turned around, and was about to walk away when I walked out into the gift shop to help him.

"Need some help?" I asked. He froze for a moment, turning to face me. "You just gotta know a guy on the inside." With that said, I did the little trick that Soos had taught me a while back. I banged on the side of the machine until the front of the machine swung open like the refridgerator door. "A genius taught me that once," I told him.

"Huh. T-thanks," He stuttered, grabbing a bag of Gelatin Skeletons(yes, those exist in the gravity falls universe. I looked it up). Huh, strange taste in candy. Those should be out of season. I mean, Summerween was a month ago. Anyway, I looked up at him, batting my eyelashes.

        "I'm Mabel," I said. "But you can call me 'the girl of your dream'." He turned back around and looked at me with his head cocked to the side. Awe stop! I can't handle this much cute! "I'm joking!" I said, pushing him playfully. Just like that other time I done that, he tumble into the post card wrack and fell over with it. Post cards flew up into the air like feathers from a pillow fight, and then I realized just what I'd done. I gasped, running over to help him up. "Oh my gosh, are you ok!" I asked, taking his hand and helping him to his feet.

"Yeah, I'm f-fine." He stuttered, standing up as if nothing had happened. That was weird. It was almost like he didn't feel it.

"Wow, your, like, the first person who was able to move after that." I mumbled, laughing nervously before the room plunged into an awkward silence. After that, Dipper came in through the Employees Only door.

"Mabel, what happened? I heard the postcard rack fall over." He stated. Uh, I wish I could just forget I ever pushed this guys into the post card wrack. Dipper froze for a moment, staring at the boy with the gelatin skeletons. "Um, who's that?" He asked suspiciously. I stood there for a second, my eyes darting up the guy, and then back at Dipper.

"This is my um . . . new boyfriend!" I exclaimed happily. The boy shot me a glare.

"I'm not your--"

"Just play along!" I said through clenched teeth. Dipper smirked, putting his hands on his hips.

"And what might your boyfriend name be?" He asked, giving me that stupid "I was right" face(which didn't really fit the situation, to be honest). I froze. Ask for a name before you do anything else, Mabel. Jeez!

"Oh, this is um . . ."

"T-toby." The guy said before I could finish. He cracked his neck afterward. Dipper gave me a look of suspicion before going back through the Employees Only door. I looked back up at the boy, who I now knew was named Toby. He was... kind of strange looking when you think about it. He was wearing some kind of mask hiding his mouth, along with orange goggles, a jacket, a turtle neck, and jeans. In this weather?! At least take off the jacket, man!

"So . . . will you be my boyfriend?" I asked, smiling at him in a nervous fashion and showing off my braces. I don't know for sure, but I'm gonna guess he smiled under his mask thingy based on how his eyes looked.

"Sure," He said. "I'll, uh, p-pick you up later, I g-guess." Awe! More stuttering! This guys just too cute! With that, he just walked out of the gift shop. Well, that was a first. When I asked him, the guy actually wanted to be my boyfriend.

I fist punched the air and whisper yelled, "Yes!"