Chapter 5 ~ Cheesecake

Mabel's POV:

"BEN, don't be so shy," I said. "It's really not that hard." Toby, BEN, and I were sitting on the curb right outside the arcade. Behind it, though, because I'm not sure how people would react to BEN's looks. I mean, be honest, what would you do if you saw a short stranger with pointy ears and scary bleeding eyes? Yeah, I'd run like heck too. And even if Toby didn't have bloody eyes, his outfit was still pretty freaking scary.

"All you have to do is march up to her with some flowers and confess your love." I finished. He nodded.

"That's really it?" He asked. I gave a nod.

"Yeah, but I'm not sure if she's picky about flowers, so you might wanna--"

"TOBY!!! THERE YOU ARE!!!" Someone shouted, obviously frustrated. One look behind us and BEN was gone.

"Oh heck no, I'm out of here!" He proclaimed, running back into the arcade through the circuit board. Toby and I turned to see what made BEN run away like that.

There were two men. One was stomping toward us like an angry elephant. He was wearing a bright yellow wind breaker with pockets on either side of his chest and the zipper pulled all the way up. It was a very clean windbreaker, but probably not the best thing to wear on a hot summer day like this. He had on a pair of ripped jeans and converse, along with black gloves.

 His hair was brown and messy(much like Toby's) but the weirdest thing about him was the mask he wore. He was wearing a white mask with a blank expression on it. It had thin black lips, relaxed on the face, with a thin nose, thin eyebrows, and eyes as black as the deepest part of the ocean.

The other man was extremely passive as he followed behind. He was wearing a hoodie the same color as the first guy's windbreaker, with what looked like a black cloth mask over his whole head, neck, and shoulders underneath. I couldn't see his face or his hair(both wore cover by the aforementioned article of clothing), but I could see two fiery red eyes peering shyly at us. 

"TOBY!!! Where the heck have you been?!?!" The masked guy demanded, hands on his hips and glaring at Toby through the black eyes of his mask. Toby slouched, staring at the ground.

"Well, I-I--"

"Wait, hold up for one second!" I said, cutting him off. I pointed over at the two men who'd walked up to us. "Who are these guys?" The masked dude looked over at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"Okay, hold up a sec, bef-fore you d-decide to try and hurt her, l-let me explain something," Toby said. He cracked his neck before pointing at me. "Guy's, this is Mable, my g-girlfriend--"

"Girlfriend?!?!" the masked guy exclaimed. "She's 12 years old--"

"Let m-me finish, Masky!" 

"Masky?" I asked, cutting off. "Your name's Masky?" they all nodded. "Are you serious? That's the most uncreative name I've ever heard!"

Everyone was frozen. Something in the pit of my stomach said I shouldn't have done that, but no one really did anything about it. The hooded guy was giggling, a fist to hi mouth, and the guy apparently named Masky was just standing there, breathing heavily and probably trying to contain anger. 

"Oh, you just got told," BEN mumbled from the circuit. The second Masky looked over, he was gone. Masky just shrugged it off.

"Yeah, w-well, this is Masky," Toby continued. He then pointed at the giggling guy in the yellow hoodie. "And this is H-Hoodie." I looked over at Hoodie with a raised eyebrow.

"Hoodie? That's even more uncreative!" I proclaimed. "You literally named yourself after a piece of clothing! At least Masky tried!" Hoodie slouch, looking very down in the dumps after my comment. Masky looked over at him and patted his back.

"It's OK, man," he said to him. Then Masky turned to Toby, fury clear in his black abyss eyes. "Toby, we are going home! Right now!" He stated. He reached for Toby's hand but Toby pulled away at the last second, crossing his arms and kicking at the sidewalk.

"What if I don't want to go home?" He groaned.

"Too bad then! We're going!" Masky yelled, reaching for his hand again. Toby then pulled away before reaching behind him and pulling a small container out of thin air, holding it out to Masky.

"Would you let me stay for cheesecake?" He asked, a smirk slowly spreading across his face form underneath his mouth guard. Masky looked on, his black eyes widening in pure fear. 

"Uh, is there something I should know to get this?" I asked.

"Masky's a cheesecake addict."

"Ooooooh."

"T-Toby, no! I'm on a diet!" He shouted, hands in front of him. Toby smirked still, cocking his head to the side.

"Yeah, and how's that working out for you?" He asked in a mischievous manner. Masky squirmed in his spot, saying stuff like, "It has the little strawberries on top!" 

"Oh, I got to get this," Hoodie mumbled, pulling a video camera out of his pocket and taping the event. Masky's feet shifted around on the asphalt, his eyes darted to the left and then back at the cheesecake. It was a nice little slice of cake with a few slices of strawberry on top.

"Come on, Masky," Toby coaxed. "You know y-you wanna."

Finally, after quite a while, Masky ripped the cheesecake from Toby's hands along with a plastic fork. "Fine!" He shouted, taking a bit of cake. Through a mouthful of cake, he said, "Diets never work out anyway.'

*********

Hey guys, Geeky here! Sorry for not updating in a while. I know this is only one POV, but I really wanted to post this chapter. The next one will have Dipper's POV and then the chapters will be normal. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and don't forget to vote, comment, and read on!