The doc just dropped a bomb on us.

Let me start at the beginning of when my life was going to end. When the destruction of the world was going to start, when everyone you love and hate, enemies and friendship we're going to disappear.

I know. You are going to read this and be like, Is it too late to turn back? No. If you came here with a freshly broken heart, I advise you to stop reading. Let me just warn you that this is not like those stories where you wake up one day and everything is perfect, you find love at a park or cheesy stuff like that, I am not capable of fixing your heart with lovey-dovey stuff, I am more likely to break something more than to fix it. I have broken 6 bones in my body, broken 5 friendships, 12 promises, 13 toys, and never once fixed any of them except for the bones.

My name is Niko Ramírez, And I am always finding ways to hurt myself by accident. I made myself a rule to not trust anyone because the truth can hurt you. Oh, you think that's weird? Wait till I tell you what happens next.

I checked my pockets in a hurry and fished out my phone. I was already 10 minutes late for school. I clicked on the schedule for school and there it was my worst nightmare... Gym class at 8:00 A.M. I was already 10 minutes late and lucky for me I have the meanest gym teacher ever, Mrs. Carino was the strictest teacher at our school and she hated when people were late.

Panting, I ran into the gymnasium where kids were doing laps, I ran quickly to blend in with the kids who were running, luckily Mrs. Carino wasn't paying attention. Everything went great until Graham Parker pushed me out of his way saying "Sorry broken boy, didn't see you there, you were just too small to see." snickering as he jogged away, yes I'm small for my age, and yes the word that I was a 'magnet to pain' got out around the school. Graham always bullies me about it calling me broken boy.

Mrs. Carino, was in the middle of the gym court setting up dodgeball, and of course, I was the last picked but I didn't mind. When Mrs. Carino blew the whistle, Graham ran so fast I'm pretty sure sparks flew off the bottom of his shoes." Get ready to break, broken boy" he grabbed a ball and aimed right at my head.

The last thing I remember was a blur of gray coming towards me and hearing sirens.

" Are you sure he is okay?" A girl's voice asked " He is acting as if he just realized he had fingers" I tried to respond but I was still in shock that I was bleeding. All I could manage was a simple " ugh" that seemed to get everyone's attention. " Hey, how are you? You hit your head pretty hard" this came from a young boy maybe my age or a year older.

I skimmed the room, This was a standard hospital room, two chairs for visitors, a TV on mute, and more purell dispensers than I want to count. The curtains were greyish green, the walls were white with some of the paint chipping, the ceiling was splattered with brown, black, and white.

The boy was close to the door like he was afraid I would attack and he would need a quick escape, but I could still see his green eyes and freckles across his face, his hair was dyed dusty pink and black-streaked at the top. The girl had hazel and dark brown eyes, her hair was brown with red highlights, she had freckles too but not like the boy, she had them over her nose and cheeks. She had a smudge of dirt below her left eye. She looked worried.

I had so many questions like, why am I here? Why am I bleeding? Who are you? And so many more but the one that came out of my mouth I thought I would never ask because I already knew the answer. " Where is Tommy?"

I looked desperately at the boy who must have thought I was crazy. He finally answered

"Look, we don't know who Tommy is but we know who you are, I am Jamie Bennett and this is Alex Griffin," he stated pointing at the girl by my Cot. "Hi, how are you feeling? How's your head?" Her voice seemed familiar " I-I know you guys, you were in gym class" she nodded slowly "Graham hit you with the dodge ball and you went flying you hit your head on the gym floor and got a concussion, that's why you have mental confusion and vomiting" I couldn't see me because there were no mirrors around, but I could tell my tan skin turned pale white.