The End.

Ezra got the pearls of the backpack and was getting ready to put them in Hades's hand when Jamie, Alex, and I got out swords, and bow, and arrows. Ezra was crying.

"Sorry guys." 

"Wait, you were in on this?"Alex said clearly shocked. He slowly nodded his head.

"I thought we were family." I cried 

"I am sorry, Hades said if I didn't help him, my mom and me would be sent here for eternal punishment. I tried to get out of this mess but I'm stuck in it, I never meant to hurt you."  Ezra replied painfully.

"You would rather destroy the earth than have the whole world live, and sacrifice yourself. You would have died a hero." Alex shrieked  

"Yes! Finally, the pearls are mine. Daughter this is your last chance to side with me and live while everyone else dies." I picked up my sword. I realized Hades was in human form. He was stronger than me but I had to risk it. The blade fits perfectly in my grasp. I charged Hades from behind but he flicked his fingers and sent me flying. I landed on my back, but I got up anyway. Alex put her hand on the dirt and closed her eyes, an army of skeletons rose from the ground and charged at Hades. 

He started cracking up. " HAHA, oh man, you think you can beat me with my own element, PHAHAH now that's real comedy." All of a sudden the skeletons dropped to the floor and turned to dust. Jamie was fighting Ezra. His eyes moving back and forth as if reading a math equation. He nodded and charged.

 Vines came from the ground tripping me, my wrist began to hurt again and I wailed in pain. Hades slowly came towards me but Alex caught his attention, she raced to Hades' throne and sat down on it. she looked like a lego sitting on a dinner table chair. That sure got Hades going. "you're pushing my buttons kid." 

"Oh am I? I was just looking for mute." 

Hades made an army of skeletons, like Alex did, except these had swords, and knives, and daggers. He sent half at me and a half at Alex, The swords bounced off Alex like a trampoline,  I ducked and stabbed at the dead bodies. As soon as I thought we killed all of them, 

One snuck up behind Alex and was aiming for the ribs, before she could lift her sword I ran in front of her and shielded her with my own body. The skeleton charged and stabbed me in the ribs, The blade went through my body. Time stopped. Blood spilled. I fell to the earth, only a matter of time before I ended up one of Hades'  skeleton servents.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I usually bleed out from the ribs," I added a soft laugh so she knew I wasn't being mean.

"A-a-Alex."  I pointed slowly behind her. The skeleton was still standing, Alex charged and it turned into dust. Alex ran back to my side. She dropped down and put her hand on my reddened, soaked shirt. 

"How did you know? about my Achilles spot?." 

"I D-didn't, I Ju-st had a feeling. A-Alex, if this is the end. I want you to know, you're my favorite." 

She laughed softly. " I better be." continuing her laughing  

I put my hand over the cut and concentrated really hard. sweat ran through my body. The cut was disappearing.  It was then I knew Hades wasn't going down with a fight because he was immortal, For once I listened to my mom. Words hurt more than actions. I pushed myself up from the ground. 

I opened my mouth to speak. "Do you know who Jamie Bennett is?" I said practically yelling. The fighting stopped and everyone turned towards me. I was walking around Hades as I talked.

"Of course I do, don't you know how I am?" He yelled back

"Yes, I just don't care. Jamie Bennett is the best, best friend anyone can ever have. Always loyal and kind. Happy birthday by the way. It's the 10th right?" Hades just stared at me with confused eyes but in the corner of my eye, I could see Jamie smiling. 

"Don't forget your own daughter, Alex Griffin. She is funny, Laughs when you fall which annoys the living hell out of you but you laugh anyway because it is actually funny, she is kind, brave, She came all the way here knowing full well you were her dad and wouldn't care, but she didn't back down, she stepped up."

"Thanks, Ramírez." 

"I don't get it, What was the point of all that."

"The point was, One: To speak the truth, and Two: to distract you while I stole these." I held up all four pearls. 

I did a quick nod to Alex and Jamie, they both came running at my side. "Ezra, you coming?" He shot his head up the sound of his name and came sprinting. We all joined hands and all of a sudden we were in a dark void, all four of us. I wasn't alone in the dark anymore.

We landed at the school. 

"We should get back to the gym, I heard there is a substitute today," Alex said 

"Well in that case I'm All in," Jamie said and I agreed by nodding my head. 

All of a sudden a loud beeping noise filled the air. 

"Sorry, that was my timer until the world would be destroyed," Alex said as if this happened 30 times before. We all walked into the filled gym and saw tons of people dancing. Prom. As soon as all four of us saw what was going on we left the gym and sat outside. Alex left to go to the bathroom.

" I will be honest, I really didn't think I would say this, but getting hit in the head was the best thing that ever happened to me." 

"Yeah, can you believe Alex did that to Graham?" Jamie answered

"Did what?" Ezra and I said in unison.

"She didn't tell you? Oh well, Graham was a monster in disguise, once gym was over and everyone was gone, she fought him, Anyways he is dust now. 

A few minutes after that Alex came back. I got up and met Alex's gaze. I hugged her. I didn't feel uncomfortable anymore. 

"Thank you." 

"Do, you guys wanna go back in there and dance?" Jamie asked and we all said sure.

I was standing by the doorway watching everyone dance. 

"Why are you not dancing?" Alex said while walking towards me. 

"This may come as a shock but when you live on the streets, dancing doesn't really relate to it. So I have no idea how to."

Alex stuck her hand out. "  do you want to learn?" I nodded. Forward. Right.  Back. left. Forward. Right. Back. left.

"hey, what was the thing that held you to earth?"

"You," she said without looking up and concentrating on the movements

Let me end at the beginning of when my life was going to carry on When the destruction of the world was going to start but not now, when everyone you love and hate, enemies and friendship we're going to stay. But for right now, I'm dancing.