01

Titans Season 3 Episode 1 Spoilers!!
Also didn't proofread so apologies for any typos :)

"The mayor has called you and the Titans San Francisco's guardian angels. How do you respond to that?" A reporter asked, holding the microphone up to Kory. "We say 'We know and you're welcome'!" Lily laughed beaming at the new camera before Arwen dragged her off with a playful eye roll.

"What? I was only telling the truth!" Lily joked as they walked over to Gar and Conner. "You did good back there." Gar complimented, Lily thanking him. "You too." Arwen smiled.

"That doesn't look good..." Conner mumbled pointing in Dick and Kory's direction. "What now?" Lily sighed watching Dick's worried and confused expressions as he spoke on the phone. "Wait, where's he going?" Arwen scoffed, jogging over to Kory who seemed just as puzzled as them.

"Don't ask. I don't know either. He just answered the phone and took off with out explanation." She shrugged. "I thought he said no more secrets." Lily said shaking her head recalling the "meeting" months prior.

~

"Any word?" Lily asked as they gathered in the living room of Titans Tower. It had been a day or two since Grayson took off that night after busting Gizmo.

"Yes actually...you might wanna sit down." Kory sighed with a shaky breath. "Jason tried stopping the Joker..." Kory began, biting the inside of her cheek as the four listened in. "He found him but he...didn't make it back."

"What does that mean? Kory, what do you mean 'he didn't make it back'?" Arwen asked, fear washing over her. "Jason's gone. Joker killed him."

Arwen froze. Her fearful expression turned blank. Tears prickled her eyes as they threatened to spill at the slightest movement. Lily wrapped her arm around her and pulled her in as she released her tears.

"So the Joker just killed him?"

"Mhm. Sounds like Jason went after him the same way he went after Deathstroke. Alone and unprepared. I'm so...angry." Kory sniffed, looking down.

"At Joker?" Conner asked.

"No, at Jason."

Arwen snapped her gaze at Kory who looked back at her with green eyes. "Why?" Arwen asked, wiping her face. "Because he never learned. When Jason left the Titans to go to Gotham, he was alone and angry, and I get that but..." Kory paused, furrowing her brows looking for the right words.

"But what, Kory?" Arwen asked, Lily putting a hand on her friends shoulder trying to keep her from exploding. "Dick was hoping he figured things out with Bruce, but he never did. He clearly just kept making the same mistakes over and over, and it finally got him killed." Kory answered, arms over her chest with a calm expression.

"Jason never evolved. He never grew past his own worst instincts. Don't let that happen to you."

"How can you even be so calm? I believe he evolved in some way. Maybe not to you. But to me. I think Jason grew. Hell, he was being bold going after the worst criminal in Gotham because no one else would!" Arwen snapped, jumping to her feet. "Being brave got him killed! If anything it wasn't even bravery, Arwen! It was stupid!" Kory snapped back. "Bravery in my book! He was being a damn good superhero!" Arwen hissed before storming off.

"Arwen, wait!" Lily called out, following her into her room. "What?" She sniffled. "I agree with everything you said but please take time to grieve so you don't snap at the people you love and care about." Lily sighed, sitting at the edge of the bed.

"I could care less. She didn't even look bothered! She was too calm!" Arwen argued. "I know, I know. Again, please take your time. I know how much he meant to you after all that time. I'm here for you and I'm sure Gar and Conner will be too. If you don't wanna talk to us, vent to Krypto. He'll listen." Lily smiled making Arwen crack a small grin at the thought of the dog listen to her rambles.

"There it is!" Lily laughed, cupping Arwen's cheeks as her grin grew bigger. "Come on. Clean up so we can watch a movie to get our minds off things. I'll invite the guys or it could be just us if you want." Lily offered, wiping away the last stray tears. "Sure, they can join I guess." Arwen chuckled.

A/n: WELCOME TO BOOK TWO!!!! I'm so excited for the rest of the season. I'm sorry this chapter is quite short. I wanted to make it longer but the first episode didn't really have much and I didn't want to add the second episode in this chapter because then I felt as if it would feel rushed. So next chapter will be episode two most likely. I hope you enjoy nonetheless! Let me know your thoughts on the chapter and or episode :)