02

Titans Season 3 episode 2 spoilers!!

Another painful day or so passed on. Arwen avoiding Kory and keeping herself locked away. Her phone buzzing on the bedside table startled her out of her trance. Dick was calling.

"Hello?"
"Hey, Kory told me she told you guys. There's something going on over here in Gotham and I think it'd be best to get the Titans together to help out. It's pretty big."
"Wouldn't you have called Kory first?"
"No I thought you should know first. Get them ready your flights leave soon."

And with that the phone went dead. Arwen sighed and began packing her things, Lily entering at the small commotion. "Where are you going?" The blonde asked closing the door gently behind her. "Gotham. You're coming too."

"Hold on, what? Why are we going to Gotham?" Lily asked with a quirked brow as she handed Arwen a shirt. "Dick's request. Everyone's coming so let them know."

~

"Thank you all for coming at such short notice. I wish it was under better circumstances." Dick began as they huddled around in the BatCave. "Nobody calls us under better circumstances." Kory scoffed, crossing her arms causing Arwen's blood to boil.

"I appreciate you for coming, but I should warn you, you're not in San Francisco. This city breeds a special class of criminal. People die here. Not just regular people. People like us. I don't wanna lose anybody else."

Arwen's gaze lingered on the still bloody Robin costume in its case as Grayson spoke, blinking away any tears that were forming as she told herself she wouldn't cry anymore.

"We know what we're up against." Lily said, glancing at Arwen worriedly. "You're family. We'd never let you do this alone." Dawn chimed in with a soft smile.

"Can we see the Batsuit?" Conner abruptly asked with a raised hand causing everyone to crack a smile at the sudden question. "No." Grayson said.

"The Batmobile?"

"Guys!" Kory scoffed. "What? They made me ask." Conner retorted pointing at Gar and Lily. "We did not!" Lily dramatically gasped.

"There'll be enough time for all of that, but right now we need to focus on the task at hand." Grayson interrupted, bringing back quite the serious tone. "Which is what?" Arwen asked.

"Word's out in Gotham that Batman's gone. News like that travels fast. So we'll have our hands full. Get some food. Get some rest. Could be a long night."

Incoming call from Barbara Gordon a computerized voice interrupted. "Looks like it already started." Dawn said looking at the computer displaying the call causing Dick to let out a long exhale before dismissing everyone.

"He still didn't say what exactly we're doing here." Lily sighed as she threw herself onto one of the many fancy couches in the living room portion of Wayne Manor. "He'll probably tell us when he's done with Barbara." Kory shrugged before wandering into a different room.

"This is insane. Batman's actual books!" Gar chuckled from the balcony, two large old books in hand. "I bet he has Shakespeare or some shit." Arwen yawned as she rested her head on Krypto's. "The Red Book by Carl Jung. Original 1959 estate manuscript. Meditations of the Emperor Marcus Aurelius Antoninus. Sound like Shakespeare?" Gar shouted, looking over the railing to the three below.