05

Titans Season 4 Episode 5 Spoilers (minor just cell phone convos but nonetheless, spoiler warning) :)

"You ask a lot of questions, you know? See you soon."

The interaction with Jason had Arwen's brain racing a million miles a second for the past day or so. Even the small kiss the two shared replayed in her head over and over. She wasn't going to lie to herself and say she hadn't missed the feeling.

"What has you so worked up?" Lily sighed, waving her hand in front of Arwen's eyes. "Hm?" She hummed, blinking rapidly. "You've been staring off out the window for ages. What's going on?"

Arwen stayed silent for a moment, fidgeting with her fingers. She wasn't one to fidget often or even bounce her leg, it only ever happened if she was really anxious over something.

"Something's wrong. Just tell me." Lily pleaded, taking Arwen's hands in her own. "I won't tell. I swear." Lily smiled softly, putting one hand over her heart and the other in the air. "Fine. I can't tell you here, though." Arwen whispered, leading Lily out to the "backyard".

"Is it that bad we have to be in the woods?" Lily joked, leaning against a tree. "I don't know. I just don't trust saying it in the house since there's cameras." Arwen shrugged doing the same. "True. Ok, now tell me...if you want to that is." Lily said, crossing her arms for warmth. "I spoke to Jason." Arwen sighed looking at the leaves below her feet.

"What? When? Where?" Lily rambled with wide eyes, "Oh my god, did he hurt you?! I swear to-"

"No, no, no! Nothing like that. When I tagged along with Dick the other day, he caught me off guard and asked questions then kissed me and then left..." Arwen explained at a fast pace making it hard for her friend to keep up with her words. "He kissed you? The audacity that fucker has." She scoffed.

"Was it nice?" Lily blurted out with a smirk. "Really?" Arwen asked causing Lily to burst out in laughter, Arwen joining in. "I'm sorry, I just had to ask!" Lily snorted, wiping away a stray tear. "Well, it was...I guess." Arwen chuckled with a shrug.

~

Three months ago

"Hello?" Arwen yawned, answering the phone that disturbed her out of her sleep.
"Arwen? Did I wake you? Shit, sorry." Jason mumbled on the other line. The tiredness in Arwen's eyes suddenly vanished at the sound of his voice. She hadn't spoken to him in a few months since he had left San Francisco.
"Jason? No, it's ok. You did wake me up but it's fine. How are you? How's Gotham? How's Bruce?" She rattled off with a smile as she sat up in her bed.
"I forgot you ask so many questions." He chuckled, "I'm ok...Gotham is shitty but that's normal and Bruce is...Bruce..." he trailed off with a sigh.
"You don't sound ok. Jason, what's going on?" Arwen asked with a worried expression, though he couldn't see.
"Been having nightmares...really bad fuckin' nightmares. Bruce is making me see some therapist and 'temporarily' keeping me from being Robin." He explained, voice wobbling.
"Well, I think a therapist would be good if the nightmares are as bad as you say. Maybe Bruce is worried the nightmares will affect your Robin duties and trying to keep you safe." Arwen tried to reason.
"Arwen, I don't need a fucking therapist. There's nothing wrong with me. It's-"
"I never said there was anything wrong with you, Jason. Maybe you don't think you need therapy, but it could be good for you and actually help if you try."
"Fine. Only because you're telling me to. I'll talk to you soon."

And with that the line went dead, Arwen letting out a long sigh.

Week Later

"Yes?" Arwen answered the call with a smile.
"I went. You happy?"
"If it went well, then yes."
"I wouldn't say it went well but next session is next week, same time."
"I'd say that's good. Please don't tell me you cussed the therapist out, though..."
"No comment. How're things over there?"
"Jesus Christ, Jason." Arwen laughed, "Things here are fine, though. The same honestly. Still no Rachel, Hank, Dawn or Kory. Lily and Gar continue with Saturdays. Conner is still Conner and Krypto is my new best friend."
"Don't replace me with a dog."
"I would never."
"Good."
"What's been going on with you?"
"Nothing really. Met up with a good friend of mine, her name's Molly. She was telling me about some asshole who's picking up strays and deals with the Joker. We checked it out and the guy pulled a fucking gun on me and kinda beat my ass..."
"Oh my god...are you ok? Why would you do that?!"
"I'm fine. I swear. Just a cut or two on my precious face that you love so much and maybe a couple bruises."
"Jason, please don't pull stupid shit like that. You'll seriously get hurt or worse if you keep on..."
"Yea, ok, mom."

More weeks went by with more phone calls until suddenly they stopped. Arwen tried calling and even texting but nothing ever happened. She worried and stressed about it. "What is going on?" Lily asked, waving a hand across Arwen's face. "Jason."

"What? Jason? What about Jason?" Lily asked with furrowed brows. Arwen hadn't told her about the sudden conversations. "We were in contact for awhile but all of a sudden it stopped. He won't answer. Lily, I'm scared." Arwen admitted with glossy eyes. "Woah, ok. Calm down. I'm sure it's fine. Probably beating the shit out of the Joker or something with Bruce." Lily tried to joke. "Lily, I'm serious."

~

Four Days Later

After the movie, Arwen laid in the dark, staring at the ceiling. It'd been hours since she blew up on Kory after she told them Jason was dead. She didn't know what time it was. All she knew was that it was late, dark, and cold. She felt numb, empty even.

She didn't know what to think. As she sat there, memories played like mini movies in her mind.

The day they had met Jason and the way he looked at her. She knew he was going to be trouble from that moment.

The day she was making breakfast for her friends and he was the first awake out of everyone and he was able to make her smile.

When she got stuck sitting in Dick's trunk with him after the debacle with Trigon. Arwen could remember sitting in the cramped space for hours and Jason trying to make the most of it.

What Arwen thought was the best memory she had was the first time he had kissed her. It was one of her most vivid memories.

"Why are you nice to me? Like, why do you care so much?" He asked, his eyes tried and glossy. "I care for my friends, Jason. Why wouldn't I care?" She asked, glancing between his eyes and the small cuts and bruises around his face. Jason stayed quiet, admiring Arwen. "You get hurt a lot you kn-" Arwen's sentence cut off by Jason's lips colliding with her own. She could almost feel it if she tried hard enough.

Tears filled Arwen's eyes as she filtered through more of her memories with Jason. She never slept that night and sobbed for hours. If only she could leave without Lily or the others wanting to follow her, she would've made her way to Gotham herself.

If only, she thought.

A/n: Thoughts? What do you think of the call backs :)? I personally liked this episode a lot even tho it's based in the "past" so I can't do much with it but Arwen centered chapter!! Hope you guys enjoyed and ty for 500 reads and 9k on the other. It's crazy how much you all read them and enjoy them. Ty ty ty! <3 see you next week :)