Chapter 2

Maria woke up to sunlight streaming through her window and birds chirping. She quickly changed into a loose cage-free dress and went to eat breakfast. After breakfast she saddled Periwinkle and rode ot toward the forest. Robin was waiting for us at the edge of the forest. He looked slightly worried.

Sleep well Princess? He asked.

Yes I slept fine. She replied.

Robin sighed.

Whats wrong Robin? Maria asked.

A large group of the clan rebelled last night and left saying that they would start a new clan. One that would get rid of you forever. I have been assigned by my father to constantly be with you as your protection. He replied.

Why is it such a big deal?  I will be safe on Moonacre grounds. When your whole clan was after me I rarely got caught. She said.

That's because I was the leader and I didn't want to be killed. We needed you alive. These people will stop at nothing. The only reason we never came on Moonacre land was because it was cured. You will be in constant danger Princess. That's why father chose me to protect you. I know their tactics and weaknesses. He replied.

Well is it safe for me to go on a ride? She asked.

Sure Princess. Can I come? He asked.

If you must.

I must.

Fine.

Maria wasn't too upset but she hated the idea of Robin watching over her constantly. But as day passed she realized how much fun it was. They went everywhere together and did everything together. One day they were walking in the woods and it began to rain.

Wonderful! My dress is ruined my hair is ruined and my boots are ruined. She moaned.

Anything else? Robin asked.

Nope. I don't have anythingg left to ruin.

You look lovely Princess.

Well Well Well. What have we here? Moon princess lot her way?  Asked a man in a black cloak.

Asher! Leave her alone! She is none of your concern. Robin said.

He stood in front of me. He drew his dagger. Asher laughed. Then drew his dagger and began fighting with Robin.

Run Maria! Robin yelled.

She ran. She stopped five minutes later to take a breath. She heard someone behind her. She ran right smack into someone. She began screaming.