Chapter 6

Maria was thrown into a cold dark room by a pair of rough hands. Asher closed the door to the cell with a slam. Maria was alone and within enemy lines. Robin was gone but safe. Tears fell as she lied down on the cold floor. She fell asleep and was awakened later by a man nudging her awake with his dagger.

Princess! It's me! Robin! Come on Princess! Honey? Wake up. Robin whispered.

Huh? What? Maria said as she jolted out of sleep an stood up.

She stood up too fast and got dizzy. She began falling towards Robin but he caught her and gently picked her up bridal style.

Robin... Don't ever stop being my hero. Maria looked up at him as she said this.

He looked down at her and smiled a sad sort of smile. He then began to run out of the castle. He had just reached the door when Asher blocked his path.

Hello Robin. Nice to see that you are back. Asher said grinning.

Robin gently set Maria down and stood in front of her.

Come at me! You know you want to! Asher said tauntingly.

Maria saw the dagger before Robin. Robin lunged but Maria stepped in front of him just as Asher  stabbed. Maria felt the cold blade bury itself in her back. Robin stared in horror as she fell to the ground. Even Asher was shocked. He backed away slowly and then took his men and left. He never wanted her to die. That wasn't in the plan. Now it was time to back out and leave.

Robin knelt beside Maria. She was hurt badly. He held her in his arms.

Why did you do that? I am not worth it. You should have let him get me. Robin said, tears coursing down his dirty cheeks.

Maria still thought he was attractive even when he was heart broken. She was bleeding and she knew that this could be the end.

Robin. I love you. I have loved you since the day I saw you at my fathers funeral. I have never stopped loving you. When they made you leave, I was ready to die. But you came back for me. You saved me. Now its my turn to save you. I cant live without you anyway. You are perfect and I wish I had noticed sooner.

Maria.. Please don't leave. Why do you think I came back? I love you and I cant live without you. I was ready to die. Please Maria, try to hold on just long enough for me to get you to a place where we can get help. Maria you are hurt badly. We need help.

But don't you see. Its better this way. Now we both have scars. We need then=m as reminders. Mine will just last forever.

Not as long as the scar on my heart if you leave me. Please try. For me.

I will try.

Robin picked her up and carried her back to Moonacre Manor. She was placed in her bed and the last thing she remembered before everything went black was Robin and his hand in hers.