Chapter 7

Maria woke up in her room with sunlight streaming in through her window. Her back was sore, but she was alive. She wondered how long she had been asleep. She sat up slowly and propped her pillows up so that she could look around. She spotted Robin. He was asleep in a chair. He had dark circles under his eyes. She could tell that he was sad even in his sleep. She looked at him and knew she was glad to be alive. Robin began to stir. she smiled at him and he smiled back. In one magical moment she felt all the love she ever felt rush out of her body and focus on him. She realized she didn't sacrifice herself just to save Moonacre. She was ready to die to save him. Because in one moment she felt that nothing else mattered but him. She loved the way he winked at her and the way he called her Princess. She wanted him to always be there with her. To always protect her. To always love her. In that one moment she truly understood what it meant to fall in love. "It was like falling asleep. Slowly and then all at once" (Fault in Our stars) Maria was brought back to reality. Her breath felt like it had been knocked out of her. Her heart hurt to look at the sadness in his eyes. He stared at her, not saying anything. She pulled herself out of bed. He quickly rose and opened his mouth to tell her to go back to bed but Maria put her finger on his lips and then kissed him. Slowly and tenderly. She could feel him smiling. She pulled away and he grinned.

Well Princess. Is love worth the scars?

Yes. And I would take a thousand more just for you.

Robin looked into her lovely green eyes and thought about how much he loved her. Her hair was always perfect, even when she had just been stabbed.  Her eyes had a way of seeing his most venerable spots. Her lips were soft. He gently kissed her again. She gently touched his face tracing a scar that he had. He grabbed her hand and kissed it.

I love you Princess.

I love you too. Never leave.

I wont.