Chapter 3: The Lab

Hey guys! I am sorry it has taken so long for me to release the next chapter, I have just been really busy in school lately. BUT, I will update whenever I have free time. Also, I do want to add more ships in this story, so if you have some suggestions on what you would like, let me know in the comments. Thanks guys and I hope you enjoy!

________________________________________________________________

I woke up the next morning, Sammy shaking my shoulder rapidly. "Y/n! Time to get up! We are going to the genetics lab today!" I hear her say, a large, excited smile on her face. I crawl out of bed and start to get ready. I took a quick shower, brushed through my hair, and decided to wear something comfortable. I look in the mirror, smiling a bit, then head back to the bunks to grab my sketchbook and pencil before rushing downstairs. I get outside and see everyone starting to get into the vehicle. I see Yaz give me a warm smile, then she patted next to her. I smile back and sit next to her. I see Brooklynn and Kenji begin to give us a smirk, before Yaz glared at Kenji, then rolled her eyes. I giggled, watching as Kenji began to sink in his seat.

_________________________________________________________________

We make a stop on the way to the lab, dropping off Kenji and Darius off near a bunch of dino poo. 'Eww.' I think to myself, pinching my nose. I noticed everyone begin to frown and cover their noses as well. I was told on the way here by Brooklynn that the three of them snuck out last night, hence leading them into getting in trouble right away with just that. Once I heard that they almost got eaten by the raptors, I gasped. 'Leave it to Kenji to get one, or more than one of us, in serious trouble.' I rolled my eyes. 

Roxie came out of the driver's side and tossed two shovels to them, Kenji nearly dropping his. "Enjoy cleaning this up boys." I thought I almost saw a smirk on her face as she spoke, then she walked to the diver's side and got back into the vehicle. I watched as Dave tossed something over to Darius, him giving Dave a puzzled look. "Cologne; for the smell, and the ladies. Wait, wha- But mostly the smell." Darius I could see was still confused. Before we drove away, Brooklynn decided to take a pic for her vlog. Even though I knew they deserved it, mainly Kenji though, I felt bad. 

_____________________________________________________________________

On the way to the lab, I started to get to know Sammy a little better, as well as Yasmina. I don't know about Yaz, but I think at this point, we can consider the three of us as friends now. Sammy was so much fun to listen to. And her imitations of her animals and family with her accent make me smile and laugh. Yaz smiled a few times, however most of the way over, she was focused mainly on something she was drawing in her sketchbook. 

______________________________________________________________

"Welcome kids to the Genetics Lab!" Roxie announced. Everyone was looking around at the amber pieces and some of the fossils being displayed. "OMG! Is this a real eyeball?!" I spoke, me and Sammy in awh while everyone else was grossed out. "Hey kids, I think one of these eggs are hatching!" Dave exclaimed, a big smile on his face. Everyone started to rush over. Ben began to put hand sanitizer on his hands once more.

I rushed over, admiring the egg hatching. A tail popped out. "Is that a tail?" Yaz asked, her expression full of curiosity. "I believe your right." I smiled at Yaz. I noticed her face start to get a little red, then she quickly turned away. It nearly rolled out of the nest, however Ben catches it thankfully. He holds it up with his hands as we continue to watch the egg hatch. He took the last bit of eggshell of the baby dino's head, us all in awh. "Ha, awh!" Ben smiled warmly at the little dino. "Its a baby Anklyosaurus!" I exclaimed, petting the little baby's head. "Hello little one." me and Ben cooed, the little one replying with happy squeals. "One head bump is bigger than the other." I examined the baby more closely. "Asymmetry? In my lab?" Doctor Wu questioned, looking at the incubator charts.

Time Skip to When Brooklynn 'Gets the Gang Booted from the Lab'

I was frustrated with Brooklynn; no, I was pissed. Her snooping never ends. I have been dying to see how one of the worlds greatest discoveries of prehistoric life brought into reality, and she had to ruin it. And for what? Just to impress 'online followers'?! I sat down in the back of the vehicle, giving hard glares at Brooklynn, her sitting down chewing some gum; again on her phone taking no notice. Yaz and Sammy took a seat on both sides of me, Yaz placing a hand on my shoulder and smiling. Looking into a trusting friend's eyes, even Yaz's soft brown ones, brought a warm feeling into my heart, melting away the wall of anger I had before with Brooklynn.

We soon arrived to pick up the boys, all of us were puzzled to find them panting heavily. "Why are you two so out of breath?" Roxie asked, suspicion in her tone. "Just doing the job we are told." Darius responses, holding up his shovel on one shoulder. "How was the field trip?" he then turns to the rest of us. "Oh! Well, you know. Ben and Y/n fell in love with a dinosaur. And 'superstar' here, got us booted from the lab." Yaz responses sarcastically, glaring at Brooklynn. She opened her mouth to protest, but was interrupted by Sammy soon after. "How was poop patrol?" "You should have seen how I nailed," Kenji was about to brag about something, but was cut short by Darius finishing his sentence. "This valuable experience! Learned a lot about ourselves, and...yup!" he smiled up at us. All of us had a bit of a 'I'm not buying it' look, but soon Roxie nods. "Oh! Well then, head back and hit the showers. And perhaps, stay there for a while." she suggested, then began to spin around the vehicle. "Use soap!" Ben shouted out. "Lots of soap!"

______________________________________________________

Hey guys! Thank you so much for your patience! 1103 words for this chapter, but there will be more chapters soon! I will try and update soon. :D Bye for now!