Chapter 13: Last Day of Camp ~ Part 2

Yo! What up peeps! I am happy to announce I have another chapter for you guys! I hope you enjoy and have an epic weekend!

P.S. I just re-read the last chapter, and I realized I wrote 'Y/n Pov' instead of 'Yaz Pov'. I fixed it up for you guys so you aren't confused lol. This chapter will be 'Y/n Pov'.

(Previously on 'Welcome to Camp Cretaceous!')

We all take our last great leap of faith as we all jump into the monorail, landing clumsily on the floor. I blink for a couple of minute, suddenly realizing Y/n had landed directly on top of me. We were all panting, then we caught eye contact for a spilt moment. We both began to laugh awkwardly, collecting ourselves and getting to our feet. "Um, y-you good?" I ask, getting a bit flustered. "Yeah, you?" she replied, a large grin on her face. "As long as we don't have to run anymore and have near-death experiences or heart attacks, then yeah, I'll be a-okay." she then began to giggle. I then followed afterward. We both then began to recollect ourselves again, noticing everyone was just staring at us. "What?" We both asked at the same time. Kenji just gave us a smug smile. "Oh-nothing. Nothing at all..." I growl at him, then roll my eyes. The others all start to look out the window, staring down at the now fallen dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World. "So, we in the clear yet?" Y/n tries to break the silence. "No way. Something always bad happens when we think we are safe. Watch. The doors are gonna open." We all wait for it to be on cue, however, nothing happens. Sammy then turns and scoffs a bit. "Oh, okay, then, the train's gonna stop, because that's how this works." It was as if he wanted something bad to happen.

"I'm pretty sure we're safe now." Brooklyn concludes, turning away from the window to go sit down. "Well, we were until you said that." Kenji adds in, still staring out the window.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n POV

We all just sat in silence for a long period of time, still trying to get over the fact that we may actually be getting out of here. We looked over to Darius, as he stared out the window to the bright, full moon above the dark jungle below. "It's over." he sighed in relief. He then turned to face the rest of us. "Guys, we did it. We're going home."

At the last bit of Darius's sentence, we all began to turn to each other, smiling and grinning. I turned to look at Yasmina, smiling happily, then raised my hand to give her a high-five. Once again, we all were quiet, before Sammy lunged out of her seat and began to cheer. Doing so, Ben and Bumpy jumped back in surprise. Darius smiled and chuckled, then repeated. He got up in his seat and began to cheer with her. Everyone then followed, while me and Yaz cheered while sitting, since we couldn't stand very well still. "Finally!" I begin to laugh happily, waving my hands in the air. "Universe, took you long enough!" Yasmina and Brooklyn chuckled and giggled at my comment. Kenji, however, was the only one that still lay in silence, staring out the window. Darius walked to his side and placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's cool, man. We're good." Kenji responded with an uncertain look, then began to smile. 

"This calls for a celebration." Brooklyn announced to the rest of us. Ben raised his hand with a smile. "I might be able to help with that." He reached in his fanny pack and began to pull out candy bars. "Stashed a few treats for the road." "Omg, is that what I think it is? I'm starving!" I reach over and snag a couple from Ben, handing one to Yasmina. "Our little Ben is useful." Kenji smiled, then staged one. Everyone began to snatch bars from Ben, opening them quickly.

As soon as everyone started to take a bite, then shortly afterwards began to spit them out quickly. I didn't really mind them, I actually thought they had an interesting taste. Sammy looked as if she was about to barf, before quickly covering her mouth. She then whispered under her breath. "This is nasty."