Chapter 7: Things Fall Apart ~ Part 2

Note: Hey peeps! So, for this chapter, I thought it would be fun to add in some Yaz POV. I am happy to present another chapter so soon to you guys! Anyways, happy reading!

(Previously, in 'Welcome to Camp Cretaceous!')

"Ha, it's working!" I exclaim happily. I turn around, and gasp. The Indominus is furious with our sudden escape, so she climbed up further, knocking the tower down. The zip line breaks, us all falling down. Me and Yasmina hit a tree, and she let go. "Yasmina!" I cry out, before hitting a bunch of tree's myself, then hitting the hard ground. Everything goes black...

___________________________________________________________________

Yaz P.O.V

My eyes shot open, me gasping. I start getting back up, feeling pain all over my body. I suddenly realize I had let go of Y/n. My eyes dart around the clearing, searching for her. "Y/n! Y/n! Where are you?!" I call out, running by everyone. I suddenly see her. I gasp. She is lying on her side, her beautiful hair tangled and lying flat. She is not moving at all. "Y/n? Y/n!" I run over to her side, holding her up on my lap. I see a trail of blood running down from her head and her leg is massively bruised. "Oh god. Come on Y/n. Wake up!" I held her close to me, feeling tears start to well up in my eyes. Soon the others rushed over. "Omg, what happened?" Brooklynn gasped. "I-" I could barely get the words out. "I-she told me to hold onto her, but...we hit a tree...I wasn't strong enough to hold on." Sammy came over to my side, trying to comfort me. Then she looked more closely at Y/n. "Her head got hit, but it isn't major. We will have to have a better look at her leg though." "I'll carry her." I picked her up and swung her over my shoulder swiftly, but gently. "But, what about you Yaz?" Sammy asked, worry in her eyes. "I'm fine."

Suddenly, we heard the Indominus again in the distance. "Shhh! It could be anywhere." I say, looking around nervously. "Um, the observation tower was that way? or was it that way? I-" Brooklynn looks around, then sighs in defeat. "Okay, I'm sorry, but I--" Sammy began pulling something out of her pocket, but gasped, then shoved it back in. Brooklynn turned to look at her, but Sammy quickly looked away. Darius was looking for something. "Where's--No, no. My necklace, I left it in my bunk!" We heard a loud noise, then all made a protective circle, me in the center holding on tightly to Y/n. "We have slightly bigger problems right now then--" Kenji began, before stopping to focus on our surroundings. "We have to run. Now!" Sammy exclaimed.

_______________________________________

I ran as fast as I could, holding on tightly to Y/n. "It's going to be okay...It's going to be okay." I kept whispering to her, not knowing whether she could hear me or not. But I continued to stay strong, promising myself to not let go of her. "Everything will be fine when we get back to camp." Darius said, panting. We were all panting, trying to keep pace. "Faster!" I heard Sammy beside me, her eyes wide.

We all stopped suddenly, me in the back. "Why did we stop?" I ask, before walking in front , us all gasping. The entire camp, our only home right now, had been collapsed. I had no idea what that thing was, but it was way too powerful. I walk around, in shock and out of breath from running. I look around at all the fallen debris. Carefully, I set Y/n down, lying her head on a fallen wall. "Dave, Roxie, all the others, they must've all gotten away." Sammy says, trying to brighten the mood. But the hope dimmed when Ben gasped. "Not all of them." he says, falling backward.

I started looking around, searching the debris. "We need to find a radio and some first aid." I spot the radio Dave and Roxie left us, picking it up quickly. I turn it on and start to speak into it. "Hello! Hello! Can anybody--" I grunt, hitting it a couple times when I hear static. I drop it and face the others. "We're on our own."

I suddenly start to see Brooklynn's sorrowful face change to a scowl, as if she is about to burst. "Give.Me.My.Phone!" she shouts, walking toward Sammy. "What?" she asks nervously. "I don't care about you sneaking into Dr. Wu's lab, I don't care about whatever you did with the skin samples you took from the Sinoceratops--" "Wait, what skin samples?" I ask, turning to Sammy with a puzzled look. "I don't even care that you stole it now." Brooklynn started to sound very desperate. "All I want to do now is call for help. Where is it?!" Sammy looked at her, placing a hand over her pocket. "Uh-I-I don't know what you're talkin' about! Skin samples? Sneaking into labs? You made up some crazy thing in your own dang head!" she spoke with more confidence making her way over to my side. "Hey back off! Not everything revolves around you and your phone!" I shout at Brooklynn. "It isn't Sammy's fault you lost it!" "Guys?! Could you please keep it down? There is a big--" Ben began, before Kenji bud in. "A big, scary dinosaur?! Of course there's a big, scary dinosaur! There's always a big, scary dinosaur!"

"And you're always a big mouthed jerk!"

"Give it back!"

"Back off!"

"Yeah? Well, at least I don't play with crayons!"

We were all shouting at each other, face-to-face with each other. We continued this way until Ben stood up. "No one is getting out of here! We just saw people getting eaten!" he began to slid down and hold onto his knees in a sitting position. "We're alone, we're defenseless. We're dead." I suddenly heard Y/n's voice from behind us. "Mm-Yaz?...Guys? W-what is happening?" My anger quickly softens, and I quickly run over and start to hug Y/n. "Everything is okay. You're okay, Y/n." "M-my head...ow." she began to try and get up, but fell down again once she stood on her leg. "Aah!" she screamed, clenching onto her leg. I felt like I was going to cry. I couldn't hold onto her, I shouldn't of let go. Instead, I pushed the feeling aside and tried to comfort her. "Hold up, Y/n. Just relax for right now. You're badly hurt." "Why is this happening to us?" she asked, tears threatening to fall. I held her close to me, hoping I could bring some comfort to her. 

"We're not giving up!" we all heard Darius speak up, holding his head high and standing straight. "I get it. It's scary. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. Things aren't always gonna go your way. Life is messy and sometimes...things fall apart. But that's okay because when that happens, we pick up the pieces and keep going. And we never give up." I stood up, siding next to Sammy. "What about your necklace?" Brooklynn asks, gesturing to him. "It's not important. I've got the memories right here." he replies, placing his hand on his heart. "What are we supposed to do?" I ask. "Get South of the park. Get help. And the only way we'll make it is if we do it together." he says, gesturing to all of us with his hands. "We're a team or we're nothing at all."

"Or, you know, we don't go back into the jungle." Ben suggests, trying to sound convincing. Kenji stands up now. "You can wait for the negligent babysitters, but I'm with Darius." He wraps his arm around him. "Wait, really?" Darius asks, a surprised look on his face. "Dude, there's no way I survived a dinosaur attack..." he was cut short by a large piece of plank wood falling directly where he was standing moments before. "Just to be taken out by cheap camp debris. Kenji ain't goin' out like that." He let go of Darius and started to walk forward a bit. "We're going south. The rest of you coming or what?"

Brooklynn raises an brown, but then sighs. "I'm in." "We're in, too." I say, placing an arm around Sammy, then helping Y/n to her feet. We all start walking away, Ben tried to reason with us. "Uh, but--guys?" But, he gave in and began to follow, adjusting his fanny pack.

_________________________________________

1400 words for this chapter guys! I will be updating as soon as I can. Cya!