Chapter 5: Cattle Drive ~ Part 2

Hey peeps! I have a lot more time on my hands this week, so more chapters are coming! Also, please to release chapter 5, part 2 of Cattle Drive! So, enjoy!

_____________________________________________

(Previously, on Welcome to Camp Cretaceous)

I shut my eyes until we hit hard ground. I sigh happily, then Sammy and Yasmina continued to try reaching the others. 

"Still no sign of--Ben and Kenji?" I said, us driving directly toward them. We are scream loudly, Yaz jerks the stick to pull the gyrosphere into an immediate halt. We heard Kenji and Ben scream, but fall over as we barely hit them. Kenji gets up, but with Ben hugging him tightly. He tries to push him off, but fails and just looks at us with a look of defeat. We all stare for a minute at them, then look at each other. 

_____________________________________________

I try to readjust myself in the middle, not pleased with being in between this large oversized sandwich of campers. "I'm pretty sure we're exceeding the maximum occupancy in here." Ben says, of course pushing us over enough to get space to put the seatbelt on. "Yeah, you think?" I say, a bit of an annoyed look on my face. I could tell too that Yaz was not please what-so-ever with our new passengers. "I lost them. It's just static." Sammy says. "I thought I heard Darius and Brooklyn saying they were sinking." Suddenly, we all stop. "Wait, do you guys here that?" I ask, squinting my eyes a bit to focus. "I hear them!" Kenji exclaims, pointing in the direction behind us. "They're over there!" "Help! We're in a sinkhole!" I could hear Brooklynn screaming. 

We find them, and sure enough, they are in a mud pit! I crawl out with Kenji and Yaz, us all running over to the sinking gyrosphere. I use all my strength to try and lift it, the others doing the same. But it wouldn't budge. "Guys! Its going to pull you under!" I hear Ben yelling out to us. We all stopped and jumped out quickly. We are all breathing heavy. "Uh, guys..?" Ben begins to whimper as we all hear a growl. 'And the hits just keep on coming.' "What if..." Sammy thinks for a moment. "I got an idea!" he walks over and picks up a branch. She beckons me to come over. "Wait, guys, are you crazy?" Yaz looks at us, a very worried expression on her face. "Trust us, Yaz." Sammy gives a nod of assurance to Yaz, then turns to me, handing me a branch with leaves. "Um," I walk closer to the Sinoceratops, I look over worriedly to Sammy. "Its okay, Y/n." I nod, then look over to the dinosaur. "Um, I-It's okay. I understand, its hard to trust strangers. Its a scary world out there. But...I'll trust you if you trust me." I shut my eyes tightly, stretching out my hand. I wait a minute, then it comes closer and accepts my trust, leaning into my palm. I sighed heavily in relief, then looked at Sammy for the next plan. "Whoa." I heard Yaz in shock, just staring at me. I smiled at her, but then quickly looked away when I felt a heat grow on my face. "Guys?" Darius exclaims. "Real touching and all," Brooklynn says before pounding on the glass again. "But we are still gonna die!" "Alright guys, Kenji, climb that tree, Ben, help me make a rope, Yaz, prepare to toss them the end of the rope." We all started to speed off. "Y/n, try to keep the Sino calm in the meantime." "Okay." I responded with a nod. 

Soon, we were ready to pull the gyrosphere out of the sinking mud. "Got it!" Darius gave us a thumbs up, before the gyrosphere being completely covered in mud. "Eek! Guys hurry!" Ben exclaimed, beginning to whimper. I grabbed another branch and started to lead the Sino. "Its okay girl. Come on, you can do it." I said calmly to her, making her pull on the rope.

____________________________________________

We pulled them out of the pit, then Yaz and I rushed over to them and began to pry open the door. It soon came flying off to the side, and we both fell back. "Uh, hey." Darius smiled awkwardly, Brooklynn with a smile on her face. I tilted my head back and relief. "Woohoo!" We all began to cheer. We shortly after heard a vehicle pull up, and Dave and Roxie staring at us in bewilderment. "Hey look! It's Dave and Roxie!" Sammy called out, waving at them. "Hey!" Ben waves a little, then the bellow of the Sino was hear from beside us. Dave got back in the vehicle, still staring as Roxie just sat there."

___________________________________________

"You could have been killed! What were you thinking?" Roxie lectured us. "That we found a lost dinosaur-" Sammy said, high fiving all of us. "And Darius and Brooklynn." I smile, and side hug Yasmina. She smiles back. "Don't ask me how I did it, but I did it." Kenji brags, brushing back his hair. "What?" Roxie questions, looking at Kenji. Brooklynn laughs. "That is the funniest this I have heard all day!" I giggle. "Your eyes were closed." Yasmina adds at the end. "Now stay in your bunks, you hear me?" Roxie told us, then the elevator doors closed. "Weren't you crying at one point?" Sammy questions, her hand on her hip. "Hey I helped!" "Oh, my gosh, he's serious." Brooklynn pretended to gasp. "Wow Kenji." Yaz rolled her eyes playfully.

_____________________________________________

I stood out on the balcony, my arms crossed as I leaned against it. I was, scared today. I thought we could have gotten really hurt. Heck, we almost lost Brooklynn and Darius to a mud pit! I sighed as I continued to watch as the rain continued to pelt down on the island. I began to hear footsteps from behind me, but I didn't budge. I just kept staring ahead. I already guessed it was Yasmina. I could here her take a deep breath, so I turned to face her, staring up at her beautiful soft brown eyes. "Um...I-If everyone had listened to you and Sammy-if I had listened, we wouldn't have had any problems." I smiled at her, and nodded. "I understand. You aren't really the greatest with trusting new people." She nodded, and looked down at her book. "So, um, to start...my favorite color is black, my favorite food is pizza...and this is what I was drawing the other day..." she handed me her sketchbook, as I slowly flipped it open. I flipped through some of her most recent works, smiling as I saw a drawing of the Compy we saw the first day at camp. As I continued to flip through the pages, I started to see more drawings of the campers, and some of me, a few of Sammy, then some more of me... "I-um, just started to draw people lately, so I'm not the best at it. You might not like them..." she rubbed her arm shyly. I finally flipped to one with me at the edge of the balcony, leaning on the rail. It was in outstanding detail, and the way she drew my eyes...it looked as though they could come off the page and move at any second. "I don't like them..." I began, "I love them!" I smiled warmly at her, her smiling back. The way her eyes shined in the warm light in the background, her wavy hair blew in the wind, her warm smile; all of it just wanted to make me melt with happiness. I finally concluded in my head 'Omg, I like Yasmina.' I was about to tell her, but instead pulled her into a hug. I could tell she was startled. "Um, I-I'm not much of a hugger..." "You are now!" I grinned, hugging her tighter. Soon, her tense shoulders loosened, then she returned the hug. "Yasmina?" "Yeah?" she responded as we pulled away. "Thank you for being my friend." We both stood there for a while, out in the rain and smiled at each other, then turning to watch the storm together.

_____________________________________________

1356 words peeps! I decided to add some more YazXReader moments since the other previous chapters were a little more focused on the action. I will be adding some more moments as the story continues. I'll update soon!