Chapter 4: Cattle Drive ~ Part 1

Hey guys! So I am re-watching the first season, that way I can be a little more precise on the main lines. Also! Since the scene ends for the lab from the previous chapter, I decided to not do a part 2 for the lab. However! We are now onto the Cattle Drive! One of my favorites in JWCC Season 1! I hope you guys enjoy!

___________________________________________________________

"We thought it would be fun. We thought we would be safe, but...we didn't realize the...horror waiting for us on the island."

"Claws...teeth, screaming. So much screaming."

"How much screaming?" Ben asks cautiously, looking absolutely terrified. "Shhh!" I whisper to him, Kenji finishing afterwards. "He's getting to the good part."

Darius continued, the warm glow of the fire casting shadows on his pulled over hood on his head. "The T-Rex stalked closer. Her jaws open wide."

Suddenly, a bright flash spreads around the fire, he stops and I groan when I see it is Brooklynn with her phone. "For the vlog." she says plainly. "Keep telling your little story." Darius rolls his eyes, then pulls his hood back over his head. "Oh, here we go." Kenji's eyes light up again, as he leans forward a bit, Ben still latched onto his arm. "The T-Rex sta-" I shrug, almost about to snatch Brooklynn's phone and throw it away. Kenji I noticed looked very annoyed for once at Brooklynn. "Wait! Out of space. Wait, I'm sorry, hold on. I just don't want to delete my selfie on Everest, you know?" she leaned over and showed Sammy, her in awh. Darius I could tell was getting frustrated, he lifted his brow in annoyance. "Maybe, I should just start over?-" "No, in fact, you can just stop." Ben interrupts, him practically clinging for dear life to Kenji. "Dude, chill. He's not even telling the story right now. And how is your grip this strong?!" Kenji tries to pull away, still not being able to get away. I giggle watching the two, then focus back on Darius. "So, the T-Rex stalked-" AGAIN INTERRUPTED! Come on people! However this time it is Sammy. "Shouldn't we ask Yasmina over? I bet she would love this story." Finally, Darius, falls back on the bench and groans. I shrug once more, feeling bad for Darius, angry at Brooklynn, and a little annoyed at all the interruptions. Shortly after though, I look back and see Yaz leaning over the railing, drawing in her sketchbook. I then nod at Sammy, agreeing that it would be good for her to come over.

"Maybe she just wants to be by herself." Brooklynn suggests, leaning over to look at Yaz as well. "I don't understand." Sammy responds, turning back to face the others. "You know how sometimes people just wanna be left alone?" Kenji says, giving a bit of a glare at Ben, who was still clinging to him. Sammy frowns a bit, then breaks out laughing. "Kenji, you're hilarious. I think she is just shy and is having trouble making camp friends." 

We all jump at a loud boom in the sky, and rain starts to pelt down. "Uh, maybe we should head inside." Sammy suggests, then we all notice Ben speeding away. "Way ahead of you!" 'Dang, how is this kid so fast and so strong?' I think, watching as everyone begins to run inside. I wait for Yaz to start walking in, and fall into step beside her. We all sit in the lounge area, me sitting next to Yaz. She frowned as she tried to rub and wipe of the water droplets on her paper. "Your sketchbook okay?" I asked. "Yeah, I closed it before too much rain was falling. Thanks though for asking." she smiled at me, feeling butterflies in my stomach. 'Wait, why am I feeling this way?! Yaz is my friend. But still, could I be...' I soon shake the feeling, trying to think of something else. "Sooo...what were you drawing today, Trackstar?" "Oh, um, just a few things I saw on the way to the lab and out on the balcony." she placed her pencil in a certain spot in her book, then set it beside her. Suddenly, Sammy buds in. "Hey guys!" Yaz and I nearly jumped. "Oh, hey Sammy." I say.

 "So, Yaz. We need to get you out of your shell!" Sammy grins. "Um," I could tell Yasmina was beginning to get a bit flustered. "I'm actually pretty comfortable in my shell." "Pfft! But that isn't any way of making friends! Besides! Friends can help you get out of your shell! Take Y/n for example. She helped you. Also, shells keep people out." Yaz then she stood up suddenly, and began to walk quickly away. "Bingo!" "I know you're just shy Yaz!" Sammy calls out. "Can't hear you in my shell!" she responds, making her way to a chair near the outdoor entrance. I giggled as I watched Sammy trying to get Yasmina out of her shell. I understand that she is an introvert; she mainly likes to be alone. She had her hobbies, and she would stick to them and dedicate her life to them. She would rarely let anyone into her shell, I could see by the way she was a bit shy and stand-off'ish. But, why off all people did she let me in when we had only know each other for a day or so? I let the thought linger in the back of my head as we started to head to bed.

Time Skip to The Next Day; Clip~ Kenji: "Gyrospheres! WooWoo!"

"We get to drive gyrospheres? Cool!" Darius's eyes light up as we all hop out of the back of the vehicle and make out way over. "Saddle up dudes and dudettes! We are going on a cattle drive, but with dinosuars! It's a dino drive!" Dave grins, holding his clipboard. "And just to be clear, all these dinosaurs are herbivores, right?" Ben asks, walking up carefully to Dave. "Well," Roxie began, a smirk playing on her face. "they only chewed on the last kid a little, so we're, like, 99 percent sure they're cool." I giggled a little, but stopped when I noticed Ben begin to whimper worriedly. " "Are you kidding me? Dinosaur migration patterns are my jam!" Darius exclaims, jumping up and down. "You may want to consider a new jam, bro." Kenji pats him on the arm, then walks over the Dave and Roxie, placing an arm around each of them smirking. 'Uh oh, tread lightly dude.' I think, already seeing the annoyance on Roxie's face. "So, uh, you sure these things are waterproof? Looking pretty grim out here and hair this awesome does not come easy." I wanted to almost smack the smug expression of his face, but out of curiosity, I wanted to see how this would play out." I hear Dave telling Kenji the storm has already made it's way up the coast. "Cool! Time to show these fools what a gyrosphere master can do." I head Kenji just eager to show off, but suddenly Roxie stops him in his tracks. 'Oh boy, here is comes.' "No way! You are riding with Ben, as a passenger."

"But--Seriously? But he's so, uh..." he shrugs, making his way over to Ben. I, on the other hand, stood in the middle of the grass, not really sure where I should go. By the looks of it, everyone had a gyrospere and passenger. "Okay, Y/n, since there are only three gyrospheres, you can ride with Sammy and Yasmina as a second passenger." Roxie beckoned me to make my way over. "But, can we all fit in there?" I ask. "It'll be alright, just let the driver stay in control and you will be fine." Roxie pushes me forward. I notice Yaz staring at me, then looks away quickly, buckling up. I walk up and hop in between the two. "Now we can all be in a shell." Sammy smiles. "A shell for three!" We all laugh.

Time Skip to When All the Chaos is Happening in the Herd

"GUYS! WE GOT TO STOP SCARING HER!" I scream, us being thrown around. "THIS ISN'T THE WAY TO DO THIS!" Sammy urgently yelled out, her eyes wide with fear. I held tightly onto Yasmina's arm, my eyes shut tightly. "YAZ PLEASE STOP! LISTEN TO US!" "We got this guys! Hang on!" Yaz drives us into the jungle area, missing a bunch of hanging branches and falling trees by inches. Suddenly, a tree falls in front of us, and Yaz pulls the gyrosphere to a stop. At this point, I'm shaking, nearly too scared to open my eyes. We are are panting, trying to relax, then Yaz turns and rubs the side of my arm, trying to calm me down. "Everyone okay?" she askes, unbuckling her seatbelt. Sammy tries to get in touch with the others, but has no luck. "How do we get over these trees?" I ask, climbing out of the gyrosphere, still shaking. "We got to find the others." Sammy says urgently, a heavy look of worry glazed over her face. "We need to keep clearing th-wait, no keep piling, come on, keep piling!" Yaz started to quickly start grabbing sticks and branches and dropping them into a pile, I handing them over to Sammy and Sammy organizing them into a ramp.

Soon we all get back into the gyrospheres and buckle up. "I hope this works. Hang on guys!" Yaz says, driving the gyrosphere at full blast. I shut my eyes until we hit hard ground. I sigh happily in relieve, then Sammy and Yasmina continue to try reaching the others. "There is no sign of--Ben and Kenji?" I say, suddenly as we are heading directly toward them...

To Be Continued...

__________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the cliffhanger guys! But, this was the longest chapter so far; 1672 words! I will update here very soon, cause I personally don't like cliffhangers, so I can't leave ya guys hanging too long. For now though, see ya! :D