the meeting

Hiraeth- noun. yearning for something, a place, an era in time or a state of being which may no longer be in existence.

It was early in the evening when Aspen began heading back to her estate. Levi had also went back to his own place after they got done shopping from the mall. To say she was nervous was an understatement.

She was not good with making conversation between people. She would make it seem like she was interested in their life, but after talking, silence would soon consume them. She just had a feeling the encounter with his friend would be awkward.

Aspen was in his Audi as he was driving her back to her place. Sparking some conversation, they both agreed on meeting each other at the doors entrance of the party.

The first thing she did when she walked inside her peaceful home was to take of her shoes and plop down on the couch. The best feeling in the world was relaxing after a long day of shopping, she thought. Turning on the television, she went on Netflix to continue watching the few minutes of a murder documentary she left off at.

Aspen was fascinated with theories on unsolved murders and would try to understand the motives that criminals developed with having to torture their victim. Motives that went deeper than what they let on. With nothing to do at home, she spent time studying hard on the details leading up to someones death. Before she got into fashion, she wanted to study criminal psychology. But fashion was something she knew was right for her from the beginning.

While she had her eyes planted on the scene in front of her, suddenly her phone dinged.

Bringing it up, she looked to see that she got a text from Levi who was expressing his excitement for this party. She replied with the same level of enthusiasm, although it did not truly explain how she felt on the inside.

After having done watching another episode, Aspen finally decided to start getting ready. Better sooner than later.

.

Walking inside the spacious bedroom, she decided to take a shower before going. After scrubbing herself clean with lavender scented body wash, she put on her short satin dress that reached mid-thigh. Looking at the mirror situated in the washroom in front of her, Aspen began trailing her eyes all over her body. Right when the judgemental thoughts of herself started resurfacing, it was then that Aspen knew it was time to pull her eyes away.

Aspen had loathed herself for so long and pointed out the bad in her that at this point in time, there was nothing atrocious to point out. She's tried telling people about how she felt but it was so hard considering that she didn't want anyone to judge, nor did she know how to start talking about it. But most importantly, she had no one to go to. Levi had been there through thick and thin, but she has felt like she's burdened him too much already. She truly wanted to learn to love herself. But the question was how?

Sighing, she moved her legs back to her vanity where all her lavish accessories and perfumes were sitting. Pulling back the seat, she plopped herself down on the bench.

From the sparkly rings to bracelets and necklaces, it was difficult to choose which ones to wear to the party. She didn't want to over-do herself and flaunt everything, and instead chose the ones that would be appropriate for the big party.

Taking out a thin silver necklace, she clipped it behind her neck and let it glimmer in the light. Then, Aspen took out her more of her jewelry and scattered a couple of rings on both hands, showing off her long, slender fingers.

To top it all off, she sprayed some of her Chanel perfume on parts of her body like her wrists and neck to maximize the fragrance coming from her. Now that that was done, she moved on to her hair where she decided to leave it the way they were. Slightly curled, yet stylish.