laughter and conversations

ataraxia - the state of blissful and serene calmness.

The two had been talking for a while now and although Valentina was speaking more than Aspen, she soon found it easier and easier to converse with her. It was amusing to know that they've known each other for about an hour now, but felt as if they have spent their whole lives together laughing and talking as if no one was around. Aspen felt very comfortable around her, something that was not found often among strangers.

From the time they met to the moment they were in right now, they learned many things about one another. For one, Aspen learned that Valentina was studying engineering and was at the top of her class. Not to mention, she was also an only child just like Aspen. And when she wasn't studying, she enjoyed cooking a lot. To the point where she'd show up to her friends houses to drop off food for them.

At the same time, Valentina had also learned a lot about the girl next to her. She loved writing and creating art in her free time which led Valentina to believe she was more into the fine arts which she found quite interesting.

Unlike Aspen, Valentina was never quite artistic even when she was younger. Instead, she enjoyed building and fixing things with her dad. She had faint memory when she was younger that she would assist him when the car broke down and while it got messy at times, she liked being hands on.

Soon after, they moved from their standing position to lean their backs against the walls of the house. Just as they were about to switch their topic of conversation, the same girl sitting on Valentina's lap earlier decided to show up.

Using Valentina's arm and pulling on it, the nameless girl soon turned her angry glare to a small pout.

"Why'd you leave me all alone? I was sitting with those creeps all by myself while you ran off with her."

Sighing quietly, Valentina pried the girls hands away from her own and ignored her and started talking to Aspen again. After all she couldn't help it, the blonde was just so intriguing.

"Are you hungry, we can grab you something to eat at— ."

Before Valentina could even finish her sentence, she was rudely interrupted by a high pitched voice.

"And you are?" The girl directly asked Aspen in a rude tone. It was funny how Aspen did nothing to irk this person, except for standing there and talking.

Not wanting to give an answer or even the slightest bit of attention to the stranger, Aspen simply turned her head back and continued to look at Valentina with a questioning gaze. Without any words they both silently agreed to walking inside to the house, side by side.

Before entering the doors, the girl was heard to let out a huff and had stomped over to where she came from.

"Girl problems?" Aspen asked with a chuckle passing through her glossy lips.

"Not quite. She just gets pretty overprotective and upset when I talk to other people. It's weird since we're not together. Thank god!" She exclaimed with a huff.

No kidding it was weird, Aspen thought. Especially since it was usually couples that were the ones to act like that towards one another. But even so, it could grow unhealthy in the long run.

Making it to the kitchen, Aspen took sight of the desserts and alcoholic beverages around her. Deciding to take a cupcake in her hand, she started taking small bites out of it. Valentina soon took her lead and did the same.