Chapter 7

(welcome to liyue)

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"so we have to pass this icy mountain to get to liyue." Gee informed his companions, the map in his hand indicated that it was the fastest way.
"we could go around, but it will take more time. The decision is up to you aether." Gee looked at the blonde beside him, who was clearly thinking hard about this.

"we'll have to go through, I don't want to waste anymore time." Aether told him, Gee only nodded at him. They began their trek through the snow, the cold quickly showing effects on aether and paimon. Who were shivering from the freezing temperature.

"H-how are you not affected by the cold." paimon looked at the man beside her, who wasn't even fazed by the harsh wind of the mountain.

"it's nothing really, I been through places that'll make this place look like a walk in the park." Gee told her, he quickly took off his cape and folded it in half. He wrapped it around aether, who looked surprised at the sudden warmth engulfing him. He looked at Gee, who said nothing and continued walking.

" it smells like nature" aether thought to himself, hugging the cape tighter around his body.

"I never thought that there would be a day where I would use this thing." Gee spoke a loud, catching the attention of two with him. A small portal appeared in front of him, he inserted his hand and pulled something that caught the eyes of his companions.

" is that a... Mini cape?" aether confusingly asked, Gee didn't respond. Instead, he wrapped the mini cape around paimon.

"my sister gave it to me as a joke long ago, and now we found a use to it." Gee told them, though the only one listening was aether. Paimon was to busy gawking at her new cape, she quietly gasped as if she made an incredible discovery.

"does that mean that I'm a member of your clan!?" she asked Gee, who only looked at her with amusement in his eyes.

"You know what? Sure, why not?" Gee went along with her, liking how happy she became.

"heyy, now I can do impression of you know!" she pointed at Gee. "my name is Gee, i talk like on old grandma. And I like to do stupid things." paimon mockingly imitated, aether let out a little laugh. While Gee looked unimpressed.

"I'm taking the cape back." Gee said as he fake reached his hand towards the cape, paimon quickly floated away from his reach. Growling and holding the cape protectively. "don't you growl at me you little gremlin." Gee jokingly said.

"funny coming from you, you stupid troll." paimon mocked back, aether only shook his head with an amused smile.

"better a troll, than a scurrying little gremlin." Gee rebutted, paimon was about to insult back when she realized that they were already on the other side of the mountain.

"whoa! We already made it?" paimon asked in disbelief.

"well Catherine did say that we will get through fast if we keep going on the main path." aether answered her, he remembered that she gave him a letter to deliver to the adventurers guild in liyue.

"instantly the terrain looks much more different than mondstadt." Gee commented while observing the his surroundings, while mondstadt had many plains and open fields. Liyue had a ridiculous amount of mountains and cliffs.

"I heard that liyue is always bustling with business, due to it being a harbor city." paimon informed the two, something that definitely intrigued Gee.

" a harbor city you say? that means that the place we'll be chock-full of foreigners like us. It also maybe a good place to collect some info we need." said Gee, he wondered of the possibility of finding someone who knew anything of aether's sister.