Chapter 8

(to meet the adeptus)

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Ningguang was a lady who was always fond of quietness, so it came with a great surprise when the doors of the jade chamber were kicked open by a giant man holding one of her secretary's under his arm.

"hello, you must be ningguang?" Gee asked the lady in front of him, who still looked shocked by the sudden appearance of the man.

"um, yes I am." ningguang replied.

"I'll get straight to the point, but first we need a more private setting." Gee told her, ningguang didn't know if she trust him or not. But the from the look on the man's face she knew that he knew something important.

"fine, let's talk in my office." she began walking with Gee following behind her, not forgetting to but ganyu down. Arriving to the office, Gee sat down on one of the chairs in front of ningguang's desk.

"let's start with introductions first, you clearly know who I am. But I can't say the same about you." ningguang began, she observed the man before her. If she didn't know any better, she would have thought he was an adepti.

"right, my name is Gee otsutsuki. I'm sure you met my sister, amane." Gee introduced himself, a glint of surprise shone in ningguang's eyes.

"that is true, miss amane was very helpful in clearing out the pests Lingering in liyue, although she was not cheap." ningguang began. "and your sister has talked about you before."

"well that's nice, now. About that fake body." ningguang tensed at the fact that he knew the body was fake, she didn't know if the man in front of her was dangerous or not. But considering the fact the he was the older brother of amane, who she knew was incredibly powerful. She decided to tag him as an extremely dangerous person who she should tread around carefully.

"how do you know the body is fake." ningguang asked after a few seconds of silence, Gee only stared for a few seconds before sighing.

"when the rite of descension began, I felt a presence above the clouds. When the body fell, there was no sign of life in it the moment it fell. But that presence lingered around for a moment before leaving, I assume that it was Rex lapis himself." Gee finished explaining, ningguang sat in silence for a minute before finally speaking.

" what do you want?" she asked, breaking the tense silence. She expected him to request something like money or something of that value, but she was pleasantly surprised at the words he spoke.

"I want to help." was all the Gee simply said, another wave of silence washed over them. "if you allow me to help, I'll share information that is sure to be of value to you." ningguang contemplated the offer, on one hand. She is trusting a complete stranger, on the other hand. The information he has may reveal something more than she had anticipated, she was stuck between a rock and a hard place. With a sigh of frustration, ningguang spoke.

"I agree, but first. You have to tell me the information." she demanded.

"on one condition, this information is not to leave this room. And is not to be revealed to anyone unless it is of utmost necessity." Gee told her sternly.

"fine"

"a while back in mondstadt, the anemo archon was attacked by one of the fatui harbingers. Signora, apparently she was after his gnosis. Which apparently makes an archon an archon." ningguang looked calm on the outside, but on the inside she was shocked. To think that the fatui have gotten so bold as attack archon for their power, these were truly critical information.

" I understand if this may seem ludicrous to you, and at times like these you have to be careful who you trust. So I'll leave you to ponder it over, and when you're ready to make a decision. Inform the crows, there trustworthy." ningguang wanted to ask more questions, but when she looked up from her table Gee was already gone.

"i hope I make the right decision." ningguang said as she saw a crow perched on one of the windows in her office.

---------------------------------------------------------

Amane and Aether stood outside the bank where childe had met them, he had given them a sigil that will allowed them to enter the domain of the adepti.

"should we go to the adepti now? Or wait for Gee?" paimon asked, she was really worried about the whereabouts of her friend.

"Gee can easily track us down if he wants to, so it's better to go now. As I'm sure we'll meet him on the way." amane informed them, she knew her brother better than anyone. He'll show up for something as important as this. "first we'll head towards jueyun karst, where we'll meet with the first adepti." amane had promptly started walking out of liyue, with aether and paimon walking beside her. They were walking in comfortable silence, only the sound of nature being heard. That is until amane broke it. " I feel like you have a question for me." amane turned towards paimon, who was fidgeting with the cloak Gee gave her.

"well,i want to know why Gee has such an odd name. While yours is more normal." paimon told her, amane raised a brow at the question. As it is the first time she been asked that.

"well it's kinda sad really." amane spoke, she didn't bother looking at her two companions. Instead opting to keep her eyes on the road in front of her. "he chose to drop is his old name, as it was a grim reminder of his past self. " she told them, to say the two were surprised would be an understatement. " while the way he had gained his new name was a bit odd to say the least, it was first when we started traveling worlds together. We stumbled upon a world where Where we met an odd man, but was more odd was the world itself." she continued on.

"what was so odd about that world?" paimon asked, she should really ask Gee about more of his adventures.

"well everything about it was normal, except for the fact the people of that world were able to use Chakra." she informed them.

"really!? But I thought that only your clan can use Chakra." paimon yelled, extremely surprised at fact.

"we thought so to, so we decided to investigate more about that world. And what we found out surprised us. Apparently there was an otsutsuki women who had children with a human leader there, they were two boys who whom had inherited her power. Over time they grew to be powerful Chakra users, but of course their mother had other motives. She planned to harvest the planet and its people, when her children figured it out. They managed to stop her, but at the cost of one of the brothers. The brother that was alive became the leader, and he shared the gift of Chakra with his people. And with each generation the people who could use Chakra grew, until all could use it." she finished explaining, the two sat there in awe. Amazed by the story told before them.

" but wait, that doesn't explain how Gee got his name." paimon interjected.

" oh yeah, when we first landed there
The first person we met was a man named killer bee. He was such an odd yet funny man, and he was really easy to get along with too. And he was the one that gave Gee his name." amane explained with a sad smile, it has been such a long time since their first visit. She was sure that if she was to visit now, she would find no semblance of the world she once loved. After all, it has been almost three thousand years since that time.

"so what's Gee's old name?" paimon asked, aether was about to scold for asking such an insensitive question. But was cut off by amane.

"that's for Gee to tell you, all you have to do is get close enough for him to trust you. Than you'll be one of those who have the privilege of calling by his real name." amane answered.

"but you said that he didn't like to be called by his old name?" paimon pointed out.

Amane suddenly stopped and turned towards the two "he only allows people to call him his old name in private, so when reveals it to you. Don't call him by it in public." she told him sternly, and continued on walking

"paimon wonders what his old name was, paimon sure it's something very cool." she whispered to aether, who was as equally curious as his companion. If not more.

"yeah, I'm sure it's pretty nice..." aether mumbled, he now more determined than ever to get close to the man he met. Only time will truly tell.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Author's note: wow a shitty and short chapter after months of not posting. I'm really on a roll.