Chapter 11: The bad news

However that day Sarah went back home and tried to find Raj through social media and she luckily did she sent him a friend request and a message though he didn't it. She thought he was in India that's why he didn't receive any messages. The saddest part was when Kartik comes to know about Jake and Tara. He tortures Sarah, he gets drunk and calls Sarah and says filthy stuffs about her mom and Jake. She was already devastated with the fact Raj wasn't in her school anymore she got more depressed. Due to covid-19 there was a lockdown for 2 months which later kept changing due to the increasing cases. Sarah's 13th birthday was yet to come. Finally her birthday had come and something unexpected happened.

Sarah comes out of the bathroom after taking a bath.

her phone starts buzzing 

Notification:message from Raj

opens it

Raj: Hey this Raj Malhotra. Who are you?

Sarah: Hello Raj how have you been? everyone misses you alot hope you are doing great.

Raj: Oh yes, I have been great lately and I'm quite busy with my life nowadays no time to look at the past you see.....also who are you?

Sarah: I'm Sarah. I was your classmate last year remember me?

Raj: Um.....which section were you in?

Sarah: C

Raj: I apologize I cant recognize who u are. Anyways I gotta go since I'm busy so Bye.

Sarah: PRANK UNCLEEEE.

Raj: As I said I dont know you so stop wasting your and my time and bye.

he went offline

Sarah was left all alone devastated. Though birthdays excited her but after this incident she felt very anxious every time her birthday was approaching. That day all she did was just cut a cake her mom had baked for her and slept. She didn't even make a wish. The thing that made her sad was not that he didn't recognize her but the fact that he didn't even try and acted so harshly left her all numb with no hope. That day she promised herself to never ever a like a man in her entire life. Day by day Sarah's attitude started to change she would randomly sit and cry or yell or throw things. She even became insomniac. She thought to herself.

'mom left, me dad, left me Raj left me no one loves me, I'm just a loser, unlovable piece of shit I dont deserve happiness my happiness died the day my grandfather died my emotions got burnt with his body and my parents.....forgot or ignored my existence the same way he did....mom was right all men are the same'