Chapter 7

Henry showed me how to play the music and what buttons not to press. There wasn't a lot of space in the control room, it was under the stage after all.

The rest of the day went smoothly. I played the songs in the order they were supposed to and watched the animatronics through the screens.

"Finally, no noise, and no Afton. I've just about had enough of him today." I leaned back in the small chair and stretched out.

I checked my cellphone, '6:45pm'
'Only 15 more minutes, awesome.'

Sighing, I put it back in my pocket and played the next song. 'I want you back ~Jackson 5'
"This is boring."

The song got to the chorus, 'I gotta admit, this is pretty catchy'

I looked back at the cameras, there was only a couple kids left. What I saw next caused my burst out in laughter.
Afton was dancing. With a broom. Lip syncing the lyrics.

I pulled out my phone and started recording the screen. "Look at this dork!" I said laughing.
"It looks like he's having the time of his life."
I shook my head, amused.

The kids started dancing with him, smiles plastered on their faces.
I looked over at the camera facing pirate's cove.
There was Mikey, putting his head in his hands with embarrassment.

"Awww, poor Mikey!" I recorded the screen he was on.

The song ended and I played the next one. 'Love train ~The O'Jays'

Afton sung this song too, 'What a nerd.'

He threw the broom and stared at the camera,
Smiling while lip syncing "Start a love train! Start a love train!" Throwing in his own fabulous dance moves.

He danced to the rest of the songs even after the last family left, which told me he had nothing to do.

I jumped as my alarm went off
'7:00pm- end of shift'

I stood up and cracked my back "quitting time!"

I made my way out of the stuffy control room and breathed in the fresh air. Afton was leaning on a party table drinking some water, there was a cloth on his shoulder.
He looked sweaty from dancing.

He looked at me and swallowed. "Did you enjoy the show love?" William smiled and set down his glass.

I chuckled "It was quite entertaining, where'd you learn how to dance like that?"

He wiped his face with the cloth and took a step closer. "I'm self taught, I could teach you if you'd like darling. I'd love to see you dance."

I raised a brow 'hold up- in what way?'

"I think that would be fun." I lightly smiled, trying not to be awkward.

Michael then cut in- "Y/n! Finally! I can't wait to show you my sketchbooks!" A smile was spread across his face, making his freckles stand out a bit more.

He held up a rough looking black sketchbook with faded stickers and torn corners.

William put a firm hand on my shoulder making Michael's smile disappear. "You can show her when we get home." He said sternly.

I looked at Afton through the corner of my eye.
'Is he? Jealous?' 'He's never going to let Michael show me is he?'

I pushed his hand off of me and looked back at Mikey. "You can show me in the car, I'll sit in the backseat with you!"

Afton clenched his jaw beside you, he clearly was not happy with this decision.

He took the car keys out of his pocket and told us to heat up the car. He had to lock up Freddy's cause Henry had already left.

I started the car and turned on the heat. Michael climbed into the backseat and I joined him.

He then opened his sketch book and started explaining all the drawings. "I started this sketchbook when I was 8, it helped me cope with mom and dad's yelling."

I tried my hardest not to make a face, "what's that a drawing of?" I pointed to a random picture.

"Oh, that's one of my characters! His name is Jax! He's kind of an asshole but he means well."

I laughed "Dude don't swear! Your dad will kill me."

He laughed and flipped through the sketchbook, making comments on his favorite ones.

They were very good drawings, each page radiated some type of emotion.

Some felt happy, while others felt overwhelmed.

About 20 minutes later Afton got in the car and drove home.

Michael and I talked quietly amongst ourselves, telling jokes and giggling as if we were at a sleepover.

William quickly pulled into the driveway and slammed on the brakes, causing me to hit my head on the passenger seat- not too hard, but it still hurt especially since it hit my stitches.

"Ow damnit! Why'd you do that?!" I clutched my forehead and gently rubbed it to ease the pain.

Afton got unbuckled and turned off the engine. "Someone really aught to wash out that dirty mouth of yours."

He then proceeded to slam his car door shut and unlock the house, stomping the snow off his boots before stepping in.

I got out of the car with Michael and folded my arms "What's got his boxers in a twist?"

"Huh? Oh, he's probably just upset cause he's not getting attention."

I stomped the snow off my shoes and opened the door. "So he's like a cat?"

Michael laughed. "Pretty much, yeah. I have to go do my homework now."

He went upstairs into his room.

I sighed and laid in the red recliner that sat in the corner of the living room. It was really comfy, and my legs and head hurt after working all day.

And then, without even realizing it, I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

Author's note:
Hey readers! Sorry for the delay in posting! I'm going to try to get in another chapter tonight.
Let me know what you think!
Mistakes will be corrected later.
Sincerely, ~Author-Chan ✨🧍🏻‍♀️