Chapter 17

Getting right into it y'all :) (art by me)

Quince wore a shocked expression as she took in the scene. "Where have you been? I was so worried!" she quickly stepped forward to hug me. I felt my face heat up a bit and I hugged her back.

Then a wave of guilt crashed over me, I didn't get to say goodbye to anyone... I frowned and stepped back.  "In the hospital-" I half lied. "I got stabbed by some crazy dude." I gestured to my abdomen. My old wound was starting to ache from all the walking I had been doing today. I let out a small sigh. Quince looked even more shocked than before. "Holy shit Y/N are you ok??"

I smiled softly and nodded. "I am- but I do need a place to stay.." I scratched the back of my head awkwardly.

Quince nodded and led me inside. It was warm and cozy. A soft green couch was centered in the living room. A couple of small blankets were messily wadded up in the right corner of the couch. In front of it was a small box television and VCR. Small side tables sat on either side of the couch and in the corner of the room was a large dusty red recliner. Each window was covered with dark makeshift curtains- you guessed they were probably old top sheets. The walls were a standard beige, decorated with a few family photos and a schedule whiteboard. The kitchen was in the next room over. It was small and could be seen from the living room almost immediately. The hum of a dishwasher was a constant noise in the house since you walked in.

Quince locked the front door and placed the key on a hook by the light switch. "If you don't mind me asking Y/N, why can't you stay with William anymore? Did something happen or....?

Shoot- "Yeah I guess you could say that- We kinda didn't get along too well.." I looked at the floor as I spoke, then looked back at her. She wore a confused scowl. "Weird."

I took off my coat and sat down on the couch with her. "Weird? Weird how, what do you mean?" I questioned. She shrugged and put her feet up on the couch. "I just think it's weird that's all I mean, he was all broken up when you disappeared. Wouldn't talk to anyone or work in the workshop. Hell, he didn't even touch his creepy rabbit fursuit." Quince replied, putting her arm over her eyes as she leaned back.

I glared at my hands and sighed. "Weird.."

"You know he quit his job today- something about a new restaurant in his name? I have no idea where he got the money from though." Quince stated with tiredness in her voice, she let out a yawn and continued. "You should go see him tomorrow- he lives a few blocks down from me."

I paused and let the thought sink in for a moment. I shook my head "I can't see him, not yet. We should get some sleep before we make any big decisions anyways." I sighed.

"Smart." She chuckled. "I usually just run into things head first, I should learn from you." they winked and stood up. "Now follow me." Quince led me up the staircase that sat beside the kitchen doorway. Upstairs there were 4 doors, one was the bathroom, it was open. Quince gestured to the door beside the bathroom "That's the guest room, it might be a little dusty but the bed is comfy and the sheets were washed last week."

"My room is right here, I have work at 7 AM tomorrow so sorry if I wake you up." She opened the door to her room and stepped in. "Mi casa es su casa. Just- don't inhale all the food in one night ok?" she shut the door and turned off her light.

Silence.

I walked into the guest room and flicked on the light. The room had a soft yellow glow. The bed looked soft, like one that my grandmother would sleep in. I frowned at the thought of my grandparents as I flicked the light back off and laid down. It was very comfortable, more comfortable than the guest room bed at William's house. I Kicked off my shoes onto the floor, got into a good sleeping position, and started to drift into sleep. 

....

I felt the anxiety in my chest as I woke from another nightmare. I didn't open my eyes though, it was dark, and I don't like the dark at all. I took a deep breath and tried to think of something else to dream of. Such luck did not occur. Sighing I got up and quickly turned the lamp on, the clock on the wall read "5 AM" -Great- I thought as I rubbed the sleep from my face. 

Quietly I went down into the kitchen and grabbed a snack and a glass of milk. The anxiety in my chest lessened as I felt more at ease.

 -I'm starting to think I shouldn't have come back.. this is terrible for my mental health- I shrugged and rinsed out my glass before going back to bed. "5:15 AM" -I wish I had music right now- I wrapped myself up in my covers and rolled onto my stomach with my arms tucked into my chest. Not soon afterward I finally fell back asleep.

(also y'all I sleep like that after a nightmare- don't judge me please  💀)

.....

"2 PM" I got up out of bed and stretched lightly, my old wound throbbed with dull pain, I sucked in air through my teeth in response. "Damn you, Afton." I pulled on my coat, slipped on my shoes, and went outside. Most of the snow had melted due to the bright sun and cloudless sky. It was still cold nonetheless. I have no idea where I'm going, though, I know the terrain well. Not much has changed in Hurricane since my time. I took a deep breath of the icy air and kept walking. What do I do about this whole situation? I'm not going to go crawling back to him, am I?

No. Absolutely not. I shook my head and put my hands in my pockets. I was nearby the old park now- well, at this time it was still fairly new. But what about Henry? Is he mad at me for leaving? Surely he'd understand. Agh I'm stressing myself out, I rubbed my face and closed my eyes. 

Oh shoot- I bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry I-" My heart skipped a beat as anxiety shot through my chest. William? No- Michael. Michael got up and brushed himself off. "No its my fault I wasn't looking- Y/n??" He stared in disbelief before looking to his right. William was walking around the corner, he hasn't seen me yet. Quickly I put on my hood and told him to shush. William looked over and we made eye contact for a split second before I turned around and booked it.

William's pov: (teehee 🤭)

Michael ran ahead of me, clearly excited to meet his friends at the park. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. The future is bright, my new business is sure to take off. I'll be better than Henry ever was. I smiled to myself as I turned the corner. There was a person, they looked frightened. We made eye contact before they turned around and ran off. Odd. Those eyes...

ALRIGHTY

So it has come to my attention that yall actually love this story. HOW? IDK. I Personally think the beginning is cringey and I want to delete it. but- We're improving as we go, that's what matters.

ANYWAYS- The reasons I've been busy is cause 1: schoolwork. 2: Art Commissions. 3: fnaf costume commissions 

butttt I'm finding more time dw. I have a ton of ideas and I'm working on writing them all out in the fanfic :))

Thanks everyone!!