nine - "can you read to me?"

BYE YALL IM SORRY HI IM BACK IF U SAW WHAT WAS UP HERE IGNORE IT I FORGOT TI EDIT IT OUT

music from your earbuds embraced your ears, you hummed along with the tune of the song you were listening to as you sat up from your seat. you just got finished your last lecture of the day, everyone started to file out of the lecture room and you walked along with the crowd.

"l/n! may i have a word?" you heard your professor call out for you from behind his desk in the front of the room. you cocked your head his way and made your way to the front of the room to discuss whatever he wanted to discuss with you.

"everything alright, sir?" you questioned.

"with me? yes. for you? not so much." he slapped down your test paper that had a big fat red 62% on it. you sighed already knowing he was going to lecture you on your grade.

"l/n, you need to start getting your grades up. if you don't i will have no choice but to dismiss you from the course. have you considered tutoring? or studying more? is there something you aren't getting? i'm here to help." your teacher blabbed on for another minute about ways to get your grades up. you hated these lectures, you already felt bad enough about your grades and all of this made you feel dumb and embarrassed.

"i am getting tutoring now actually. thank you for expressing your concern, sir. i will definitely put in more effort. may i be dismissed?" you brushed off his complaints. you knew he was just trying to make sure you didn't fail and you appreciated that, but hearing the same lecture over and over again was tiring.

"you may."

////////////////////// time skip \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

"do you understand now?" Armin asked. after you had gotten out of class you asked armin about your test, he said he would help you go over it and that's exactly what he did. you met with later than you usually did due to armin having something to do before he could make it to the library. now you guys had finally sat down and gone over your test.

you were slightly embarrassed due to the fact that you had gotten such a low score on your test. armin has always reassured you that he's here to help and not to judge. but you still can't help feeling dumb when he explains thing to you and it sounds like gibberish.

"mhm, thank you min," you smiled.

"of course. do you have any questions? or would you like to read?" he asked as he turned his head to face you.

"no questions, could you help me with work from another class though?" you asked.

"anything for you, i wanted to talk to you about something first though," he hesitantly spoke. his words were slow almost like he was thinking about what he was going to say next before he even finished his current thought.

"okay... go on?" you dragged.

"Listen, i really like whatever we're doing. it feels good... in lots of ways," he chuckles in the middle of his speech. "I want to keep doing this. so for payment for my lessons with your school work, you could give me lessons your way?"

"armin, are you asking me to pay you with sex?" you spoke, a slight smirk creeped up on your lips.

"n-n-no i didn't mean it like that. i mean like if you want— but like i wasn't trying to force you into anything. i don't even know what i was thinking— i apologize— it wasn't meant to sound like that. that was stupid of me to say." he stutters and stammers over his words, hands flailing up in defense. his cheeks grow a tiny of pink and his nose scrunches up like a cute little bunny. flustering him would never not entertain you.

"i'm joking 'min, lighten up. i know what you meant, and i would like to accept your offer. i'll teach you everything i know," you smirk.

"holy fuck, you scared me" he says with a light chuckle, silence fills the area for a couple seconds. a question that was too risky to ask floated in the back of your minds. actual sex. you guys had only been 'messing around' until now. you wondered when you would do it and if it would be just like how you imagined.

"can you read to me?" you asked, a mischievous plan started to brew in your head. armin picked up the book next to him with a nod. his reading voice was always very calming, you felt like you could fall asleep to it right now if you closed your eyes and laid your head on his shoulder.

you scooted your chair closer to his so your sides were touching, you let your head fall on his shoulder. you could feel his heart beat quicken by this innocent gesture. he was so fucking adorable. your hand slithered up his thigh and lightly massaged his upper thigh. his breath hitched, as he began to read.

"i see you two are getting close?" a voice from your right called. you quickly moved your hand from armins thigh and picked your head up from his shoulder to see eren with a book in his hand for the first damn time. armin immediately picked up his head from the book he was previously reading.

"i see you actually know how to read?" you say pointing at the book eren held to his side. both of them let out a light chuckle.

"haha very funny. but seriously, you two together is a shocker hm?" he smirked pushing armins shoulder back. armin pushed him back with a chuckle.

"we're not together-together, and even if we were what would be so shocking about that?" you spoke up, eren was really pushing it with the shocker shit. you and armin have been involved with the same people for a while and he knows you've been studying together.

"you know, just weird to see armins 'lil nerd ass with the campuses whore" he laughed setting a hand on armins shoulder . the silence after that was loud. you sucked in a breath, i mean you knew people knew you had options, you just never thought people thought you were someone who would throw themselves at anything with a pulse. because, you weren't that person, you were just confused.

"dude." armin sternly said pushing eren. armins eyes were warning eren not to say another word, but of course he did.

"what? c'mon i'm just looking out for my boy, be careful armin you might be her next victim." that was the last word you could listen to. you were always a carefree person nothing really affected you, but this was a different level. his words hit you like a train and all of the realization of who you were crashed into you.

without a word you quickly gathered you things and rushed to stuff everything back in your bag. "Eren you aren't funny, y/n don't leave, please" armin quickly stood up and fixed his attention to you.

"i actually forgot, i have somewhere to be right now." you refused to look him in the face due to a mix of shame and annoyance. Without another word you started to head for the door. you could hear armin begin to tell eren off and raise his voice. you didn't care, not right now at least, you just wanted to leave.

hi guyssss sorry for taking months to upload i ummmmm... yeah i have no excuse 😭😭 I WILL TRY AND BE MORE FREQUENT THO I PROMISEEEE also sorry for any bad writing i am extremely rusty.