06

˖⋆࿐໋₊ ❝ Their words mostly noises, ghosts with just voices

Your words in my memory, are like music to me❞ ✧*̥₊˚‧☆ミ

ISLE OF WIGHT
┌ ꒰⍉꒱─ ➤ 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘐 `⍜'ˎ-
。˚ ✧ CAROLINE

The days that followed were a blur, and I struggled to keep my rage, primarily directed at Maggie, in check. It also included snarky comments and passive-aggressive behaviour toward her.

I sat quietly near Zoe's window, dragging my finger groggily along the window frame. Zoe was a few feet away on her bed, where she remained with the same bored expression, mindlessly twirling her pillow's shining tassel.

I decided to speak up, sick and tired of silence, "You know, this is bloody awful." I spat with annoyance.

Zoe simply scoffed and nodded in agreement.

I couldn't believe it; the words "forbidden from riding" kept ringing dreadfully in my ears like a record on repeat.

"She has no right," I muttered to myself...

Then it hit me.

"She has no right!" I repeated to myself, louder, earning a confused glance from Zoe.
Technically, Maggie has no right to forbid me from riding, she's not my legal guardian, and if she decided to defy what I want, I can simply ring my father and they'll have a talk.

So I suppose these past days of being Maggie's prisoner could've been spent riding.

With that, I flung myself out of my chair and began to pack my belongings.

"What're you doing?" said Zoe, propping herself up on her elbows.

"Leaving," I said blankly, throwing my phone in my bag, and walking toward the door.

"What?" This caused Zoe to get on her feet, "What do you mean, 'leaving'"?

Placing my hand on the doorknob, I gave Zoe one last glance, "I'm sorry Zoe, but your mother has no right to refrain me from riding." And with that, I left the room.

Thankfully, Maggie was elsewhere, but it had Rosie in a tailspin about someone named 'E.' I chose not to get involved, so I was able to quietly slip out the door. I could hardly control my legs from there, it's almost like they only had one thing in mind from there.

-------

I rushed into the yard nearly sprinting towards Romeo's stall. Almost instinctively, Romeo lifted his head in annoyance at the sound, only to realize it was me. His expression changed instantly, as I lifted my hand to stroke his forelock.

"Oh, how I've missed you, sweet boy." I whispered lovingly; overjoyed to be back where I truly considered 'home'.

"Caroline." A familiar voice spoke, its tone was surprised.

I turned my head toward the voice to meet Pin, who held a shocked expression on his face.
"I thought you weren't allowed to ride?" he questioned, leaning against the stall beside me.

I smiled,
"Maggie can't dictate what I can or cannot do, if she wished to do such a thing, she oughtta ring my Father, he'll give her an earful" I chuckled, earning a timid smile from Pin.

"I'm glad you're back," he admitted, his gaze never once leaving my eyes, "It wasn't the same without you"

I smiled sheepishly, averting my gaze to Romeo who was now enjoying his hay.

"I'm happy to be back."

////authors note/////

so dreadfully sorry about how short this chapter is, I really wanted to hurry and get something in for you guys - I promise the next one will be much more substantial.