04

"Oh, uhm, now?" I inquired.

His gaze met mine, his sea-green eyes momentarily drowning me for a moment.
"No, I'm supposed to lead a hack in a bit. I'll show you afterwards, yeah?" he grinned.

"Okay, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not," I admitted, causing Pin to burst out laughing, his contagious laughter making me chuckle along as well.

˖⋆࿐໋₊ ❝ I had all and then most of you, 
some and then none of you, take me back to the night we met. I don't know what I'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you.❞ ✧*̥₊˚‧☆ミ

ISLE OF WIGHT

┌ ꒰⍉꒱─ ➤ season 𝘐 `⍜'ˎ-

。˚ ✧ CAROLINE

Romeo pawed impatiently at the cross-ties, earning an unamused look from me. I had finished grooming him a while ago, and was checking all my tack.

As I began placing Romeo's saddle pad on his withers, along with his half-pad, Zoe came into view leading Major to the cross-ties beside me.

"So, how did it go with-"

"You're going on the hack too?" I quickly interrupted, placing my saddle gently on Romeo's back. Zoe frowned at my sudden change of subject.

"Yeah, I am." She replied, clipping the cross-ties to Major's halter.

I tried to tack up Romeo as quickly as possible, wanting to avoid conversation regarding Pin with Zoe at all costs. As I was now done with his girth, I quickly grabbed his bridle, gently putting the reins over his head as I unclipped the crossties.

Zoe had just started tacking up, when I finished bridling Romeo, giving me the perfect opportunity to slip away while she was doing Major's girth.

I led Romeo to the front pasture where the other riders joining the hack were waiting. Jade and Becky were conversing eagerly, whilst Mia and Suzie were gossipping about someone, who was most likely Zoe.

I hopped onto Romeo and adjusted my stirrup leathers when the annoying voice of Mia boomed throughout my ears.

"What's the holdup, can't we just go already?" Mia's voice whined.
I pushed into my heels, fixing Romeo's mane in an attempt to distract myself from the current conversation happening.

"We're waiting on Zoe..." Jade replied shyly, fidgeting with her riding gloves.

Mia shot Suzie a shocked expression, rolling her eyes at Jade, "She barely knows how to tack up, let alone canter, I still don't see why she's coming."
Suzie snickered in response.

I adjusted my rein, deciding to change the subject, "Shouldn't Marcus be here? He is leading the hack, after all, right?" deciding to play dumb.
Mia opened her mouth to respond when the sound of hooves cut her off.

"Everyone ready?" Pin exclaimed as Elvis trotted up to us, "We're waiting for you."

"Where's Marcus?" Mia cocked her head.

"He's with the little kids, Sam asked me to take the hack. Come on." He gestured, turning Elvis around. Everyone began to form a line behind Pin, following closely behind him.

"And here I was thinking stealing and getting arrested were his only talents." Mia snickered to Suzie, earning a glare from me. Mia gave Sparkles, a kick to wake him up. Sparkles was Mia's newest horse, a Firefly replacement if you will.

Just as we were approaching the fields, Zoe joined the back of the line silently.