journal pt. 1

-in which when Will's sleeping over mikes house, he finds mikes journal.
-angst because I genuinely enjoy feeling sad/upset
-took some inspiration from AO3 fics
-sexual innuendos because I am the way I am

Mike Wheelers bedroom was filled with laughter. They had been talking, having fun, reading comics, this, so far, was one of the best sleepovers they ever had.

It was different from the group sleepovers. When it was just the two, Will felt like there was bits of uncomfortable silence. As if Mike was hiding something from him. "I'm gonna use the bathroom, take a shower, then change into my pajamas. I'll be back in 30 minutes tops." Mike left, taking a t-shirt and sweatpants with him.

Will was already in his pajamas, so he was just waiting around awkwardly. He looked around the room, trying to find an object to fixate on. A thin book stuck out from behind stacks of video game cartridges and packaging. It didn't have a title on the cover. Just plain dark blue. A voice of reason in the back of his head told him to just leave it be, but another voice of curiosity took over.

It wouldn't be so bad, probably. Maybe he's getting into drawing and that's his sketchbook. Will looked around then quickly snatched the book from its place. Will flipped open the book quietly, making sure not to make too much noise.

MIKES PRIVATE STUFF. HOLLY, NANCY, MOM AND DAD: KEEP OUT!!!

So it was a diary. Or journal, whatever Mike wanted to call it. Either way, reading it would be wrong. A complete violation of privacy. His mind was screaming at his body to just put the journal back and act like nothing happened, but his body didn't listen. His fingers flipped the first page. The first entry was dated six months ago.

Filled up the other one. Oh well. Today was the WORST! Why do teachers feel the need to call on people who don't have their hands up??? If I don't have my hand up, it means I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER! It's not like I wasn't paying attention (I was), I just hate being put on the spot like that. Then she had the audacity to get pissed when I said I didn't know? Like there was AT LEAST 5 other students hands up, so why chose the one who didn't have one up? Fucked up logic if you ask me. Don't do stupid things if you don't want stupid consequences. Moron.

Will stopped reading. This was so, so, so wrong. But curiosity is a dick sometimes. He flipped the page, the next entry dated a few days after the first.

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod okay okay so I need to calm down but my hands can't stop shaking my mom bought me a dream game because I cleaned my room this week! I can't wait to show it to the club...especially Will. I feel like he'd like this. Can I be honest, though? It's kinda boring playing alone. I wanna invite him over and teach him how to play. Romantic, right? Straight out of a fanfic. Can you imagine? My hands on his, guiding him on each button to press. We'd be so close. So DAMN close.

Will quickly shut the book, a blush quickly spreading over his face like a wildfire. That escalated quickly. How did Mike go from rambling about the game to fantasizing about- was he okay? This page didn't smell like alcohol, so it's not like he was drunk. So why-? Will skipped a few pages, trying not to think too much about it.

I don't like thinking about Will getting a boyfriend. He's super pretty though, so I might have to suck it up. He could have anyone he wanted I bet. His lips look so soft too...he's killing me and doesn't even know it. Everything about him is just so...❤︎ I can't stop thinking and talking about him. Our hands brushed today, HOW ARE HIS SO SOFT??? WHAT'RE HIS SECRETS???? I need to calm the hell down I'm popping a vein over our hands touching. Idiot.

The blush on his face was only getting stronger and stronger. Who knew Mike was such a hopeless romantic? Will shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts.

I forgot to mention this in the last entry, but on Friday Max said something that really stuck out to me. She was talking about how guys were more attractive when they're more vulnerable. And Will agreed! It's ironic, him liking vulnerable guys and me being one. Who knows? Maybe I'll get the balls to actually show this to him. Actually...scratch that. He, and nobody, can know what I said about him a week ago. That was just-

Will stopped reading once he heard the bathroom door open. He quickly shoved the book back onto the shelf and made it look like he was doing something. Mike entered the room shortly after.

Will wasn't gonna tell him. He didn't have to know. They could just continue the way they were.

The two made small talk while Mike put on a movie. He shut off the lights and sat next to Will. He couldn't just stop thinking about what he had read. And what did he say about him a week ago? He felt a head rest on top of his, when he looked over he could see Mike, already sound asleep.

A small smile crept onto his face. Mike sure was pretty. But how would he react when he saw that Will had read his journal? Curiosity truly kills the cat, and in this case, might end a friendship.