soulmates

in which you can see what your soulmate writes on your wrist when you turn 16.
-lucas and will are best friends
-dustin and mike are best friends
-they're strangers

Will Byers had recently turned 16. His best friend, Lucas Sinclair, had reminded him of something. "Hey! Look on your wrist, maybe your soulmate wrote on there," he suggested.

Will turned over and to his surprise, there was writing. The handwriting was a little jagged but still legible. It certainly didn't look like any handwriting he's seen before.

day 29 of trying: if u can read this, draw something under

Lucas handed him a dark blue pen, and Will drew a small cat.

-

Meanwhile, two classes down, Mike just got really lucky. His soulmate finally responded! Dustin analyzed the drawing, saying something about the style seemed familiar. "Too bad you might not find her, though," Henderson sighed, "There's no way of telling who it could be!"

"Wait, there is, actually," Mike quickly scribbled down a question.

when is ur birthday???

march 22nd.

cool, mine is november 13th

"That eliminates Jane Ives," Dustin concluded, "her birthday is in April."

-

Will and Lucas stared at the date for a while. "Do you know anyone who's birthday is in November?" Will questioned. Lucas shook his head.

"I think Max's birthday is on the 13, though."

what's your hair color?

black, what's yours?

dark brown

"Well, never mind, then," Lucas mumbled. They continued looking around the classroom for possible suitors.

-

"Ask her what her favorite subject is!" Dustin told Mike. He nodded and scribbled down the question.

what's ur fave subject

art

what's your teachers name

Mrs Jensen

"Okay, so she has to go here!" Mike nearly yelled out of excitement. Dustin gave a smile.

"Wait, ask her what Mrs. Jensen looks like."

what does she look like

she has dark skin, is a little tall, usually wears her hair in braids, kinda looks like she jumped from the 70s

The two boys looked at each other in shock. She had to go to the same school. They had a Mrs. Jensen that looks like that!

-

my favorite subject is music

what's your teachers name

Mr Hansen he's pale, bald, a bit chubby and really laid back

that sounds just like my music teacher lmao

Dustin quickly whispered something in Mike's ear. It was a bold question, but would definitely narrow their options down.

do u go to hawkins high?

bro how did u know???

I GO THERE TOO!!!!!!!

-

Will had to do a double take, this could not be real. Lucas' jaw was nearly to the floor, and he looked just as excited. He quickly jotted down a response.

wanna meet rn?

ofc where r u

meet me at the water fountain besides Mrs Jensen's room in a minute

ok

Will raised his hand, then asked his teacher if he could use the bathroom. He shot up and speed-walked down the halls, quite excited. Looking around, Will tried to find anyone nearby. But the hallway was barren. Until he heard footsteps coming closer and getting louder.

-

Mike tried to find a brunette girl when he was on his way there. But the moment he arrived, he could only see a small, petite, boy. Not a girl.

Not only that, but he barely knew the boy. He knew his first name, it was Will, because they've been in the same school since kindergarten. But they never talked.

"Uh...hi?" Will sounded a bit weirded out.

-

"Uhm," Mike cleared his throat, "do you know anyone who's birthday is March 22nd?"

Will squinted his eyes, "Yeah. That's my birthday."

"Can I see your wrist?"

"Excuse me?"

"Please? I know it's a weird question but it's for personal reasons."

Will skeptically rolled his sleeve up, then put it on display for the dark haired boy to see. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Mike showed his, and Wills heart fluttered. He couldn't help but choke on his own spit. "Soulmate?"

-

"Yeah!" They hugged each other tightly. Neither of them believed in love at first sight, but this was different.

"I wanna get to know you more. Your name is Mike, right?"

"Yeah. We've been in school together since we were kids."

"Oh, yeah! I did a few projects with you!"

"I wanna get to know you more as well."

They both giggled in happiness. Their soulmate seemed amazing. And he was.

♡︎