mom

-slight bit of angst
-mike doing anything for Will
-embarrassing yet soft mom Karen
-mike being a bitch boy until the end
-this is entirely based off a tawog episode

Karen was with Mike all day at school. For what reason? She just wanted to spend time with her son! So it was now lunchtime and she was eating with Mike, Lucas, Max, and Dustin. "Dude, you look like so much of a dork with your mom at school," Lucas snickered, "shes a cool mom, though. And you're a cool dork."

"Thanks?" Mike took a bite from his sandwich. They all heard beautiful laughter come from the front of the cafeteria. When they looked over, they saw Will and Jane Hopper.

"Hey, isn't that the boy you like?" Mrs. Wheeler pointed to them. Mike's cheeks felt as if they were flaming. And when he saw his mom walking over, it got worse. He ran on her trail, trying to save himself from embarrassment. "Hey, can I speak to you for a minute?"

"Yep! But we need to get back to the library to help Ms. Lindsay," Will nodded.

"Mom, if you love me, please don't do this."

"My baby has something to say to you-"

"No I don't!"

"He would like to take you on a date-"

"No, I won't," Mike chewed on his lower lip in nervousness.

"He loves you," Karen whispered.

Will perked up, smiling, "Really?"

Mike felt his heart drop to the bottom of his pants. He started sweating. His stomach turned into twists. "No! I don't love him and I never w-"

"Michael!"

Will dropped his lunch tray. The tomato soup spilled all over his shirt, causing kids watching the scene to burst out laughing. Jane looked at Mike and shook her head, disappointment coating her usually gentle face. "At least you're honest," Will sniffled and turned his back. They both walked back to the library.

"Mom, what the hell?!" Mike shouted, "God, theres no way to get him back!"

"I can try to help-"

"Mom, just please leave my life."

Karen's eyes widened in surprise, but soon looked sad. She nodded and gave her son a weak smile. She turned around and opened the cafeteria door, slowly walking to the entrance.

"Welp, both your mom and crush have left your life," Lucas commented once Mike came back to the table, "how're you gonna get Will back?"

"Don't worry dude. I know exactly what to do."

-

At 2:50, the time the students were released back into the cafeteria to wait for parents and busses. That was also the time Karen got a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Mrs. Wheeler? Mike needs your help," she instantly recognized the voice. It was Dustin

"What? What's going on? Where is he?"

"He's in the boys bathroom near the gym. Just...come back to school. You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

-

Karen arrived at the entrance near the gymnasium. There were still dozens of students clogging up the cafeteria. Including Will and Jane. She knocked on the door, "Michael? What's-"

"Mom! Mom! Please," Mike was whining and choking on his own tears.

"Come out, honey."

"Fine, okay, okay. I'm coming out," He sniffled. Karen's jaw dropped once she saw her son in a bright red female cheerleading uniform. Yes, that included pompoms and a skirt.

"So, I'm assuming you tried to embarrass yourself by acting like a cheerleader to make people forget about Will dumping his lunch on himself, but now you don't wanna come out because you're wearing a skirt?"

"Yes!" Mike wailed, "but I need emotional support, and you're my mom, and-"

Karen sighed. She put her hands on his shoulders and nodded, "Okayletsdothis."

-

Lucas clung two lunch trays together, causing everyone to look in his direction. He sighed, "Mike Wheeler presents: I'm really sorry Will, please forgive me. Hit it, Max."

Max took out her phone and turned up the volume, blasting trashy pop music. Mike looked back at his mother one last time before completely humiliating himself in front of the entire student body.

He nervously shook his pompoms then began to dance. Badly.

-

Once he finished, it was obvious that everyone was laughing at him. He hunched over in exhaustion feeling his mom come up from behind and pat him. "Mom, remember when I said I didn't want you in my life?"

"Yeah?"

"I still need you in my life. Please don't leave it-"

"Oh, Mike!" Will ran up to him, stood up on his tippy toes, and gave him a tight hug, "nobody has ever done that for me before!"

Michael chuckled sheepishly. Will looked away with a blush and cupped his hands together, "I guess that means you do like me, even if it's just a little?"

Mike was completely flustered and let out strings of incomprehensible words. Karen giggles and looked at Will, "I think that means yes."

Will squealed and kissed Mike on the cheek. Mike, who was even more flustered now, had a new appreciation for his moms meddling.