costume dork

-also based off of the tawog episode "The GI"
-everyones 12
-mike is a nerd and has a huge crush on will
-wills semi popular
-Jane is mike's cousin and bff
-elmike is a childish duo
-Karen being soft mom
-no angst. just fluffy young byler

Mike and Jane always rode in the same car to school. Karen would drive and get them donuts on Fridays. They were almost like siblings, they were as close as can be. This time they were going through two different phases, but the same result. Mike was taking Karate and ended up wearing the costume to school almost every day. El was taking ballet and also wore her costume to school everyday.

One Friday morning Karen was just driving them to school. "Are you really gonna break three boards in half today?" Jane asked, tipping her head.

"Yup! I watched tons of videos and stuff online. How hard could it be?"

El took a bite of her powdered donut, "I dunno...what if you break your hand or something?"

"Don't worry! I've practiced my form plenty of times and it's perfect."

They arrived at the middle school and got out. "Have a nice day at school!" Karen called before she drove off. The two cousins waved goodbye to her and strutted confidently into school. Eyes turned on them and people immediately started laughing.

"Look! The dancing dork and karate klutz!"

"People, people, please. Save the applause for when I achieve the impossible at the end of the day," Mike put his hands on his hips.

"What? Are you not gonna embarrass yourself?" A girl named Max cackled.

"No, I'm gonna break three boards in half with my bear hand!" Mike lifted his right hand to prove his point.

-

At the end of the school day everyone waited in a circle around Mike to watch him. There in front of him was three boards supported by two bricks. Wheeler inhaled through his nose, preparing himself. He swung his hand. "Ow!" He cried. Pain shot through his knuckles and fingers, causing his pale skin to show bruises.

"What, you can't do it?"

"No! I can!" Mike swung again, and again, and again.  With every hit to the board more splinters dug deeper. Tears formed in his eyes.

"Hah! I knew you couldn't do it, Tai Kwon Dork," The crowd started laughing, Mikes cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

"Oh, leave him alone! At least he's brave enough to be himself," Will shouted at them. He helped Mike up and gave him a gentle smile, "plus, I think he looks cute. Like a..."

"Sharkbearagator?" Jane suggested.

"Yeah, something like that."

-

"Bye, Will!" Mike called then climbed into his moms car. Karen couldn't help but notice the huge smile on his face, "Why are you staring at me?"

"My little boys in love," she gushed. Mike turned cherry red and sunk into his seat.