𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳

"Isla, you have to come. It won't be the same without you, c'mon now," John pleaded, grabbing my arms. 

We spent the whole day yesterday surfing and swimming then went to a huge bonfire bash, now they wanted me to go to another bonfire tonight, except for there was a club of some sort involved. Kat arranged for entrance into this new club inspired by this book.

Who was I kidding, I really wanted to go but I wasn't sure if I wanted to go without Luke or even Reed? They're older and they're supposed to be looking out for me and I'd feel safer and more relieved if they knew about it and what I was doing. 

In a flurry I decided to text Luke about it, and I don't know if he read it or not, I was left on delivered. At least he knew where I was. It was around six thirty pm and I was getting ready to go to a dinner that Lara had wanted us to have, since food at the bonfire was practically nonexistent. It was all alcohol and mocktails and no grub. 

Kat said casual/slight formal, and Lara said go all out, naturally I went all out. A black dress could go so many ways, it just depended on how you accessorized it. Now of course this dress had to be decent and somewhat modest for dinner at a restaurant, I had to look presentable. Kat recommended packing more appropriate wear for clubs and pajamas in case I had to sleepover. I locked my room and slipped the key into the overnight bag and left the house.

I showed up to the restaurant Lara said to show up at, it was called Venture. It was a great venture; indeed, I would definitely be visiting again for sure. We spent the entire dinner talking and laughing over stupid jokes and having endless talks about the fun things we were planning for later in the summer.

Like how we all planned on taking a road trip to the mountains that were three hours away and renting a giant cabin home for a week. Or how we all wanted to go camping in the forest nearby and have a little housey tent, like the ten-room tent. Nonetheless it would be so much fun, even if it was without Lukie or annoying ass Reed.

"Yo who wants shots?" John slurs as he downs his third shot glass of the night.  

"Uhm maybe chill on the booze Johnny boy." Chase mutters, grabbing John away from the tray and making him sit down before coming back to us so we could take the shots.

"Dude he's had like six glasses of who knows what at the bonfire, is he good?" Lara asks, slumping in her seat after downing her shot. 

"Charlotte here was practically throwing herself at him, but he seemed sober enough to throw her off and say, 'no thank you', he isn't a lightweight." Kat added, nudging me. 

I remembered that poor Charlotte just couldn't handle the fact that he wasn't into her, "Yeah I saw that too, are you sure we can leave him there?" I pointed over to the bar stool he was teetering on. 

"Chase and Isla will you two please drink up so we can go get more," Lara groaned pointing to the almost empty tray, with the exception of two full glasses. 

"Cheers mate!" Chase said holding his glass up to me. 

I did the same, "Cheers!" 

"I LOVE THIS SONG!! OH MY GOD GET UP BITCHES," Lara shouted over the loud music as she wobbled out of the booth. "C'MON NOW, KAT? CHASE, ISLA?" When none of us said anything, she just grabbed Kat's hand and they disappeared into the never-ending crowd.

"Think we could leave him there?" Chase pointed at John who looked like he was reiterating his whole life story to the amused bartender. She seemed to be listening keenly and had her eye on him. "I do owe you a dance, don't I?" 

"Sure you do, and I think she can handle him for a few more minutes." With that Chase got up and held out a hand for me. My lips tugged upwards as I grabbed it and off, we went, weaving through the packed dance floor.