2

Chapter 2

...

Road trip

"Seong, please calm down" lia spoke staring at a restless seonghwa marching back and forth in her room.

"don't tell me to calm down lia. i'm losing my mind here. i let aera come here alone only because i thought you would take care of her. i didn't know you were this careless and irresponsible" seonghwa shouted making lia's eyes widen.

she shot up from her bed stomping towards him.

"what? i just left her for maybe an hour and you say that i'm careless? mind you, today is my wedding day. well, at least it was supposed to be before you called it off like a jerk" she crossed her arms defensively.

"yeah, call me whatever you want. nothing is more important now than finding my sister. not even your stupid wedding"

"seriously seong, you're just too much. aera is not a baby and i'm not her babysitter. you need to give her a break. she must have fled 'cause she's done with your overprotective ass" she sighed.

"you know her, she must be strolling around somewhere near. she'll come back. It's been only an hour or two. and also don't forget that this wouldn't have happened if you had given her a little bit of personal space" lia rolled her eyes.

"don't you dare tell me what to do" seonghwa stopped and turned around facing her. lia pursed her lips together.

"aera is only nineteen. she's too young. too good for this cruel world. she doesn't know how to deal with it. out of all the people, i expected you to know that. you know everything, lia" his voice sank. lia's eyes softened, feeling bad for her choice of words.

"seong, i know. i'm sorry i spoke like that. don't worry, she'll be back safely. we will find her-" lia grabbed his arm trying to comfort him only for seonghwa to shrug her off.

"let me tell you something. if anything happens to my sister, even a tiny scratch on her skin, and if that's because of your ignorance, i swear i'll destroy everything. you know what i can do" lia gulped.

she knew very well how mean and cruel her dearest childhood friend slash classmate can get if anyone messes with his sister. if seonghwa says he will destroy everything, he will never think twice before doing the same.

doesn't matter who you are. friend, enemy, or even family. aera always comes first.

"seong, we checked everyone here" a male voice interrupted them. seonghwa's attention shifted, and lia was more than happy and relieved. seonghwa walked past her to the male in a black suit who stood at the door.

"did you find anything or anyone suspectable?" he asked.

"there are some people who saw aera coming, but no one saw her leaving. there aren't any cameras installed here, so we don't really know what happened. she doesn't have any close friends except lia, so there's no way she left with one. i also contacted that pet nursery she mentioned yesterday but she's not there too. there's no other explanation here seong. i think aera has been kidnapped" the man replied.

Seonghwa massaged his forehead with two fingers. "it's my fault, isn't it? i should have let you come with her. i can't imagine something happens to her, Jackson"

"seong, relax. we won't let anything happen to her. we will find her. i'll personally make sure whoever the bastard who kidnapped our aera is dead. i promise" jackson patted seonghwa's shoulder assuringly. he nodded.