00 | EPILOGUE

Nova Newton looked past the tinted window of the car they had been seated in, until the door was pulled open and a hand emerged in front of her. Taking it, she stepped out of the car, almost getting blinded by the cameras that flashed on her face. But she had gotten much better at handling that. So, she only smiled before looking up at Derek who then lifted her hand up and pressed a sweet kiss on the back of her palm, promptly making the gathered crowd go wild. Nova could only smile.

The venue that they had chosen was nothing grand, yet it was no less than it either, if that even made any sense. But to say the least, it was the best for the kind of work that they had to do.

The hall seemed never-ending when Nova found herself walking toward the middle of it. A lot of the guests had already arrived. She saw Jason taking care of some business with one of the waiters that were roaming around, a tray full of glasses with some kind of sparkling liquid in them. She could also see James speaking into his ear piece. Derek really made them take care of all this. She wondered if they were even getting paid as much as they work for them both – Derek and Nova.

A few moments into the hall, Nova caught her parents standing a little distance away from where she currently stood, talking to David and Mary – Derek's parents. She promptly made her way to them, dragging Derek with her who was busy exchanging weird glances with James – most probably making sure if everything was alright or not.

In the last one month where it was supposed to be their break, Nova had finally gotten to know Derek's parents and just as she'd expected, they were both lovely people who cared about their only son a great deal. It had almost made her cry when she got to witness firsthand as to just how much her fiancé was loved. It was all that he deserved.

Reaching the parents, Nova and Derek greeted them with hugs and kisses before Mary stole her from Derek's side altogether, enveloping her hand in the both of her own aged ones, brushing her palm on her fingers, fingering the diamond that lay on her ring finger.

"You changed it," she asked, Nova blushed. Mary Adams was a small, petite woman, much different than Nova's own tall and intimidating mother but she was a sweetheart just the same. She was welcoming and full of love and affection and she could light up any room she stepped into. With a fair, glowy skin and blonde hair that she now had in a complex looking bun with some curly strands of it falling around her round face in an elegant manner, she didn't really look much like her son. Her green eyes and fuller cheeks in a great contrast with her son's striking blue eyes and a rather chiseled face, but Nova knew that Derek had all the qualities that his mother had, albeit buried a little deeper, hidden under layers of cover for people he didn't think deserved his caring side.

"Um, yes. He proposed to me again a week ago." Nova answered and Mary gushed, turning to look over at Nova's mother, Isabelle, discussing how the ring looked beautiful on her. Despite the obvious difference in personalities, Nova was very thankful that Mary and her mother got along so well. She wouldn't say they were the closest of friends, but she could surely say that they had bonded well.

"Ah, so that's why he showed up his face after a whole month, I see – Jennifer told me. And didn't even think to visit his old man, this punk." Grumbled out David, almost giving an offended look which all of them knew was only for show because the first two things that anyone got to know about David Adams was that one; he was a millionaire businessman successfully running his jewelry business and two, that he adored his son to bits. Even if most didn't know who the infamous son was exactly (David had told everyone that cared to ask that his son worked in Japan, getting very little time to visit).

Very unlike his wife, David looked a lot like someone who was related to Derek, which was mainly why they never really could be seen much in public because the resemblance was there – with the dark wavy hair atop both their heads and the dark blue eyes. And maybe it would have been a bit harder to ignore if David didn't sport a nice and round beer belly, and if his hair hadn't started to grey or if his striking blue eyes hadn't always been behind the black tinted prescription glasses he wore.