22 | Blinding

"...Derek, you're a witch..."

"... A witch... A bitch..."

"Derek you're a bitch."

Gasping for air, that's how Nova woke up.

"Did I say 'witch'? Oh, my god did I call Derek Adams a witch? But then where did that 'bitch' come from...?"

Holding her head in her hands, Nova sat up straight.

"Oh, god! No, no, no, no, no! I couldn't have... but did I...? A bitch! Oh, my god! How could I just... I'm never coming to Abby's parties. And even if I do come in one, I'm never going anywhere with her. How could I let that happen? I just..."

When she realised she was talking to herself, she stopped. She stopped talking to herself out loud. Ha, at this point, not even Derek could stop her from rambling to herself. Thinking of Derek... oh, she just wanted to hide in a corner and be invisible for the rest of her life. This had never happened before, she'd never let something like this happen before. It was so new that she wasn't even sure what kind of drunk she was.

What if she caused trouble, wreaked havoc, and now the whole media was dissing her? Not only her, Derek too; and the whole company! Oh, she was going to lose her job. Oh yeah, she was sure as hell going to lose her job! And who had she even become after drinking so much! She was swearing for goodness' sake! Nova Newton never swore! And oh this headache would surely kill her.

Getting up from a bed that she knew nothing about and taking her purse in her hand, she stood still for a second because she felt dizzy. Good lord, how much had she even drank!

This was alarming; maybe she should just call it quits. Yes, that was exactly what she should do. She needed to find Derek and set off on a long ramble about how sorry she was and then she needed to ask for a resign because she'd just ruined the whole ruse. Yes, she needed to do this. Her dream be damned—oh who was she even kidding, it was Nova herself who'd damned it all! No seriously, who asked her to play along? So what if she declined to drink? She could've made up an excuse! But alas, nothing will come out of it if she just stood there and thought; she needed to act. Find Derek.

Slipping on her heels – she still wasn't sure who even did all of this for her, she could only hope it wasn't Derek because if it was actually him, then Nova wanted to just burn into ashes right that second – she went out to look for him.

Nova was still at the event of the party, she was lying in one of the rooms that this place had which was on the second floor. Thankfully, her headache wasn't that bad, at least not yet, though it still felt like someone was drilling a wall inside her head. If she remained alive after this much dreaded confrontation with Derek, the first thing that she would make sure would be to take an oath about not even touching anything that had alcohol in it. She would never ever take such a chance again. Never.

She needed to know the time, needed to know how long had gone since she passed out. If she would even find him here or if he'd already gone to his penthouse and was now having a meeting to decide what to do of her. She already knew too much. Stopping at the very entrance of one of the gates that lead to the party, she took out her phone from her purse and looked at the time.

One hour. One hour had passed since she'd last been conscious. Derek and her had decided to get going by ten and it was five past ten already! She would be lucky if she could get her hands on him tonight.

As she stood at the entrance, she got to know that the party was still very much alive and chirping meaning the party was still going on. Perhaps it was time for the auction, or maybe the auction had already ended and it was now time to congratulate whoever it was who'd done the highest bidding.