04 | Experimental Psychology

College started a week ago, and Nova was by herself again. The feeling was just normal to her now. She didn't really feel alone, but then again, she never did.

After her parents left, it was just how it used to be, but it sure took some time. They were over for one whole week this time, and it was the longest time period her parents spent with her in the new house.

Either that or maybe it had something to do with the person living across from her.

Just like before, he went MIA after that incident where she still didn't know what took over her. She wasn't an impulsive person she never functioned on impulse but that day, that day she just went on talking and approaching him without giving it an ounce of thought.

Sure she hadn't yet seen the guy, but from what glimpses she'd had of him, one thing was perfectly clear – that he was a great looker. His personality on the other hand... could not be judged at the moment.

Although she hadn't seen him from that day, which was exactly one week ago, it still gave her a weird but sort of satisfying feeling. Now she knew that this neighborhood wasn't void of any living creature. That now, there was someone living and breathing just across the street, and she admitted, it was kind of good.

But she wouldn't thank the blue-eyed stranger for that. She was a psychology student, she knew how minds worked and she'd certainly figured out how hers did.

Today she had three lectures. Two back-to-back with just ten minutes break in-between, and one in the evening. She'll have to come back again — that was if she didn't decide to just sit in the University library and read.

As she entered the lecture hall, almost all eyes turned to her. Attention, she thought, was one thing she could never get over.

Not seconds later that she sat on her usual seat did Ashley come and sit beside her with her chirpy self and bubbly personality. She started talking about the assignments she had piled up which she had yet to complete. Nova talked when she asked her something, told her she completed hers only yesterday, too. Ashley said she didn't believe her and she told her she did the final touch yesterday.

“I knew it. You're just so smart. I honestly wish I had at least twenty percent of that brain of yours.” She said sighing. Not knowing what to say, Nova just kept her mouth shut but did pass her a smile.

It wasn't like she had many things to do. All these people, who knew her and talked to her every time she entered there, weren't her friends. Because she didn't really do 'friends'. And it wasn't just because her parents thought it was unnecessary, but it was also because these people didn't want to be her friends. Not really.

For example, Ashley here, she is bubbly by nature, she is sociable and she loves to talk. She sits beside Nova every time because they sat like this the first day of college. Which basically meant that she feels like it is expected of her to always sit there from then, and Nova wasn't complaining.

Now this boy whose name was Drew, he was funny, he was friends with Ashley and because Ashley always sat with Nova, he sat with them. So Nova was acquainted with him, too.

Just like these two, there was half of the student body in this college who knew her and talked to her. But it wasn't like she had to be friends with all of them.

The other half talked to her too, but they were the ones wanting to be her friends because of her popularity because they still weren't over highschool. Nova knew it all, and she didn't see the point to be more than civil with them when she was fine being acquaintances.

She was popular in college, she knew that much. She studied when she had to, when she got bored she watched some Television or read books. When she couldn't find anything interesting in them she had no other choice but to clear out some doubts that she had on any particular topic, which lead to studying all around.