Chapter 2

Rahul POV-

I was walking along the pavement towards my fathers shop when I stopped to look, there were police cars scattered outside and I could see the occasional officer through the windows of the shop. I began to rush towards the shop hoping nothing bad had happened as my dad was the one working today. When I got there I was stopped by an officer, "you're not allowed in here it's a crime scene sir," he huffed out at me, seemingly unhappy with his job today. "My dad owns the shop, please let me in," I insisted.

My dad must've heard me and came to my aid, "Can you let him in please, that's my son" he told the officer. Reluctantly the officer let me in and I rushed towards my dad giving him a big hug, thankful that he was alright.

"What happened? why are there police everywhere, are you okay?" I rushed out, trying to grasp the idea that my father was okay. "Calm down, I'm okay nothing happened to me," he told me.

"What happened then?" I asked, something must've happened to have this many cops around. "This girl came in, looked like she was going to buy something, I saw her trying to walk out with something in her pocket so I asked what it was. She put something against her pocket that looked like it could've been a gun so I backed away and when she left I called the police." He explained to me.

"Im glad you're okay dad I don't know what I'd do without you, did they manage to catch her?" I asked him hopeful that they did. "No, apparently this isn't the first time something like this has happened, they've been trying to catch her for a while but haven't had any look because she always hides her face," he told me.

I decided I should stay with my dad for a bit so I wouldn't be able to go out with Brianna today sadly, so I shot her a quick text letting her know why I'm cancelling.

Rahul: Hey bitch sorry I won't be able to come out later with you, spending time with dad xx

Carpet Muncher ❤️: How come you never cancel on me? 😢

Rahul: Dads shop got robbed, I just wanna spend some time with him for a bit and try figure out who it was, might not be home for a while xx

Carpet muncher ❤️: okay sorry to hear, let me know when we can go out again, love you xx

Rahul: I will love you too darl xx

I put my phone away and walked over to my dad who seemed to be discussing something with the detective that arrived not too long ago.

"Hi dad, what's going on?" I asked politely. "He's just asking for my account of what happened to make sure the report is correct and to see if it matches what happened at the other shops," he answered.

I went to sit down and wait until my dad was done so I could walk home with him. Although he seems to be doing okay, I know he's shaken up inside, especially after what happened to mum, which is why I want to spend time with him for a while and ensure he's okay before I go out.

(Couple days later)

I decided I should finally spend some time with Brianna after all it's been a couple days since I cancelled on her, which is why I am going to meet her now. We're meeting at a local coffee shop which we both love, I'm hoping I can buy her a drink to make up for ditching her, well...that's if she's not there before me with a drink already.

I only live about 5 minutes away from the shop so it didn't take long for me to arrive, and like I guessed, as I entered the cafe I saw her sat at our usual table with a drink already in her hands.

Brianna POV-

As we were walking out of the clothes shop, which I was just window shopping in, I felt a slight tug on my hand bag which caused me to look back. I saw a girl with her hand in my bag grabbing my purse. I quickly reacted and pulled my hand bag away but she had a good enough grip to keep the purse in her hands and took off. "Hey come back here that's my purse," I yelled out hoping someone would stop her, but no one did. I knew I wouldn't be able to catch up to her in my heels so I didn't even start to run, but Rahul decided to chase her.